Position – Mechanical Engineer, Sr. I
Company – Lam Research
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
Together we move the Atoms that move the World:
Imagine working on the front lines of innovation! As one of the semiconductor industry’s leading suppliers of wafer fabrication equipment and services, our technology depends on finding and hiring the best and the brightest employees. We know that our dynamic, global team of exceptional employees is essential to our continued growth.
Lam Research – where successful people want to work:
We are a company comprised of people who work hard, deliver outstanding results and maintain a sense of humor during even the most challenging times. This is truly a rare opportunity. Lam Research is a market leader where our core values are not just words on the back of your badge. Given the criticality of this role to Lam Research’s success, this philosophy starts with you.
- Design of components and subassemblies for semiconductor processing equipment, with specific focus on process chambers, gas/liquid distribution systems, packaging of electronics and high voltage power distribution systems
- Coordinate design activities with computational modeling to drive robust design decisions in a fast-moving environment
- Collaborate with counterparts in Lam Research locations to obtain requirements and validate design against the requirements
Mandatory Skills required to perform the job:
- Conceptual design of mechanical/electro-mechanical components using Engineering Design principle
- Ability to use manual calculations and/or simple analytical methods to drive design decisions – stress analysis, vibration, heat transfer, fluid mechanics etc.
- Manufacturing process knowledge such as machining, welding, sheet-metal, casting etc.
- Design skills including the use of CAD packages such as Creo/Pro-E and NX (Unigraphics) and their associated analysis packages
- Good written and verbal communication skills and ability to work across geographic boundaries
Other Job Responsibilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to present design concepts to peers and management in a professional and effective way
- Critical thinker with proven ability to create solutions for complex engineering problems with an ability to learn new skills quickly with minimal guidance.
- Knowledge in Engineering Change Management Process, SAP, PLM
- Knowledge and exposure to ANSI, ASME, SAE, ISO, SEMI standards applicable to semiconductor industry.
Educational Qualification: B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech (Mechanical)
More About Us ….
Our work is everywhere you look – even if you can’t actually see it. Lam Research goes deeper than software or chips to the heart of the process that enables chip creation. So if you want to help power the components that empower everything, join us.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.