Position – Mechanical Engineer, Sr.I
Company – Lam Research
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Designing, developing and implementing cost-effective design solution for power distribution systems and power boxes
- Selecting OEM components – Circuit Breakers, Interlocks, Mechanical Hardware, Busbars (rigid and flexible), Door Hinges and latches, cable tracks, cooling fans, door gaskets, weldment studs, structural fasteners, conduits, clips, eye bolts etc
- Creating and releasing engineering drawings & bill of materials using Engineering Change Management process
- Interacting with PG counterpart in US
- Studying and recommending corrective solutions for Problem Reports of varying complexities on power boxes from suppliers and customers.
- Provide immediate response and timely resolution to design related production issues encountered during the first build process
- Conducting Design review to get buy-in from all cross functional teams
- Component placements for optimized thermal management (Derating, Stack, Parasitic heating etc)
- OEM Fan selection with dB considerations, Heat load calculations and dissipation, OEM Heat sink and other component selection based on calculations.
- Thorough understanding of Power Box components functionality
- Power Box design & packaging proficiency – handling simple/medium complex box independently
- Small/Medium complex sheet metal enclosure per NFPA79/SEMI – Design, Manufacturing & Finish, Weldment design basics
- Basic hand calculations – simple bracket designs, tilt & CG calculations
- B.E/B.Tech or M.E/M.Tech (Mechanical) with minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in design of Power box / control panels /electro mechanical boxes
- Proficiency in designing medium complex sheet metal structure and release of manufacturing drawings
- Proficiency in Thermal hand calculations and basic simulations (Conduction, Convection, Heat dissipation and increase in temperature) to facilitate selection of heat sinks, Cooling systems like Fans etc.
- Proficient in 3D Modelling, Assembly and Detailing using NX or CREO & PLM, PDM
- Understanding of Heat Sink calculations, innovation for thermal management
- Basic knowledge on analysis software’s like Nx-Nastran to validate the design
- Knowledge in Engineering Change Management Process
- Exposure to Value Engineering would be an advantage
- Exposure to knowledge on electrical schematics and high voltage electrical components
- Awareness on EMC & EMI requirements
- Knowledge of DFX
- Basic knowledge of SEMI standards & compliances
- Structured Investigation, Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Independently managing with projects/tasks and ability to prepare documents with MS Office
Our work is everywhere you look – even if you can’t actually see it. Lam Research goes deeper than software or chips to the heart of the process that enables chip creation. So if you want to help power the components that empower everything, join us.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.