Position – Associate Engineer- Design-1
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Aurangabad, Maharashtra
The candidate will be broadly responsible for the following activities:
- Co-ordination of cross-functional teams to ensure delivery of product improvement, supplier resource and cost reduction projects, to time, quality & cost.
- Ability to identify issues and find the best solutions from a business wide perspective, relating to timeliness, profitability & quality.
- Prepares DFMEA, reviews with cross functional team and gets it approved through the design manager
- Works on innovative solutions to address CPI, NPI, NTI, localization, BIQ related opportunities within product design
- Ensures that all prints and specifications align to Caterpillar or Perkins standards
- Actively participate in localization through Advanced Quality Product Planning (APQP) process with effective factory and supplier collaboration.
- Support Operations
- Comply with company operating procedures, specifications & standards.
- Provide technical guidance on queries raised within product engineering
- Gather relevant information, compare data, identify relationships and predict performance.
- Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
- Contribute to the design of new products and processes.
- Support failures in investigation and resolution
- Support NPI, NTI, CPI, BIQ projects and process
- Develop & maintain Production Diesel Product Bill of Material (BoM) Creation
- Support primary interface within organization regarding BoM issues
- Support Production Engine Validation & BoM
- New Product Introduction (NPI) BoM Creation, Development, Validation, Support and associated enquiries
- Support maintenance of department Quality procedures
- Point of contact for all Production Diesel BoM’s, order enquiry to despatch
- Support key Specifications document maintenance
- Support Specifications process changes and Standard Process / Standard Work Instruction updates
- Support BoM accuracy analysis
Required Qualification and Skillsets:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Mechanical or Automobile Engineering from recognized
- and drafting skills with hands on experience with CAD tools. Pro-E working knowledge will university
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in an accredited Mechanical or Automobile Engineering would be added advantage.
- 2-3 years of industrial experience in engine domain (diesel or gas or both)
- Previous Engineering development/product support related experience
- Candidate should have basic engineering knowledge with good knowledge of engine and engine components design and development.
- Candidate should have excellent modelling be beneficial.
- Experience with localization activities related to engine components is desirable.
- Candidate should have excellent understanding of company processes & product and good understanding of Perkins BoM structuring methods.
- Candidate should be competent in using Microsoft Office suite, MFG/Pro and other office systems.
- Understanding and hands on experience of SAP tools and ECN/BOM handling will be beneficial.
Summary – Design/Specification Engineer