Position – SCM Engineer
Company – ABB
Location – Nashik, Maharashtra, IN
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
This is a SCM Engineer role, reporting Supply Chain Manager in Business Area Electrification (EL) located in Nashik and responsible for all the activities encompassing supply chain/sourcing and cost reduction projects (as assigned) from the region supporting to global plants. You will be also responsible for project management, vendor identification and qualification, development activities including quality related coordination and all the activities shall be done as per the business and ABB SCM functional guidelines.
- Responsible for design of mechanical or electrical parts along with R&D Team.
- Working with design, quality and manufacturing team to determine best in market vendors.
- Working with suppliers to develop the part and processes at their side to supply the parts as per the quality standards in a consistent manner.
- Collaborating with sales, operations and customer service teams for planning supplier loading and business.
- Finding out opportunities for cost reduction and implementing the same by negotiating, redesigning, changing procurement strategy, alternate sourcing etc.
- Suggesting solutions for process and product improvements.
- Responsible to challenge the status quo in product and process for improvement.
- Identifying process bottleneck and implementing solutions.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- B.E/Diploma in Mechanical or Production.
- Minimum 3-7 years of experience in Sourcing, Parts Development, Vendor Development and Supply Chain.
- Must have an understanding of manufacturing mechanical and electrical parts and systems within the industry.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good knowledge of supply chain engineering operations and best practices.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply.
ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions.
For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning