Position – Production Development Specialist
Company – ABB
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Smart Power is a global technology leader, with solutions that make power supplies smart, connected and protected. Its intelligent solutions make power more competitive by improving the energy efficiency, productivity and reliability of almost any operation.
This is a Production Development Specialist role, reporting to Sr. Manager – Engineering & Development in Business Area Electrification (EL) located in Bangalore and will be responsible optimizing the production organization’s assembly methods, processes and equipment in order to minimize labor hours in accordance with business strategies related to quality, efficiency, costs and safety.
- Identifying part localization as per drawings and specifications received from engineering department.
- Ensuring quotations are received from the approved suppliers in co-ordination with SCM.
- Analyzing of quotation in co-ordination with engineering as per the specification.
- Reviewing of design in co-ordination with engineering to receive the part samples from the supplier as per the schedule.
- Releasing of PO in co-ordination with SCM for new part development.
- Co-ordinating with quality department to validate the samples as per the specification.
- Ensuring to validate the critical parts from Global Engineering Center.
- Ensuring release of final PO in coordination with SCM to the identified vendor.
- Delivering part localization documents to SCM for future reference.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Diploma in mechanical engineering, tool & die making, NTTF, GTTC,CTTC or any equivalent tooling institution.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in mold development & molded components.
- Experience in different types of materials, part costing of Plastics (Thermo plastics & Thermosets).
- Knowledge on different engineering processes like plastic molding, sub-assemblies etc.
- Experience on stampings & press tool development would be an added advantage.
- Exposure to Low Voltage electrical switchgear will be an added advantage.
- Able to work in advanced international teams.
- Proactive and result orientation.
- Capable of understanding engineering drawings.
- Experience in solid modeling, Auto CAD.
- Excellent communication skills.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply.
ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions.
For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning