Position – Mechanical Program Lead
Company – Lam Research
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Requirements Gathering and Management of Requirements. Drive complete ownership of projects including Technical decision making
- Be able to evaluate projects/programs at a system level and define functional spec for Pedestal/ESc
- Use Work break-down structure (WBS) of scope and direct associates in the preparation of detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication/reviews, etc. per the WBS
- Concept design and development of PED/ESc. Idea generation, concept feasibility, design and maturity-to-manufacturing release by mitigating all risks & by aligning with all key stakeholders. Ability to employ FMEA rigorously for risk mitigation. Conduct Design reviews to get buy-in from all cross functional teams.
- Test Plan preparation, final qualification and integration of new design to the module (Travel to Onsite and Customer Fab as per need)
- Interact with PG counterpart in US and work closely with Product Engg team in LIGHT
- Study and recommend corrective solutions for Problem Reports/NCe’s
- Provide immediate response and timely resolution to design related production issues encountered during the build process
- Subject matter expertise level graduation
- Maturing at current level and graduating to next level as per PED/EScSME development plan
- Periodic meeting with stake holders for progress discussion
- BKM development and sharing with in Team
- Ownership on strategic program’s involving Lab hardware development needed to expedite PED/ESc SME
- Mentorship to Product Engg team per need basis to accommodate spike in PED/ESc design activity
- Technical mentoring of team members to scale up the overall competency
- Ability to work well in a team, in a fast-paced environment with aggressive deadlines and multiple priorities while remaining a team player.
- PED/ESc Pedestal Design experience or Design experience of parts and assemblies involving thermal problems (Ex- Engine and exhaust system of Automobile, Boiler Design etc)
- Ability to define functional spec
- Understanding of adjacent hardware’s and impact
- Experience in design for testing and handling test setups
- Knowledge of high temp application materials and material properties, Coating etc (Ex- ceramic, Aluminum alloy etc)
- Experience in analyzing creep failures
- Proficiency in Mechanical design from first principles. Expertise in flow, Thermal and structural hand calculations and simulations (Conduction, Convection, Heat dissipation etc)
- System or sub-system knowledge comprising sensors, controls, electrical components etc.
- Proficiency in quality tools (DFMA, DFMEA,8D) and systematic problem solving.
- Experience on design optimization projects to address Performance requirements, Reliability & Cost .
- Exposure on Concepts thru engineering verification – manufacturing drawing, interaction with suppliers, assembly, test, build validation, field/customer qualification with deeper understanding of issues faced, closure & cascading lessons learned.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing (Ceramic, Aluminum alloy etc)
- Interpretation of Test result and modelling result in relation to actual hardware’s
- Educational Qualification: B.E/B.Tech or M.E/M.Tech (Mechanical)
- Years of experience: Minimum 10 years of relevant experience
- Analytical Ability
- Continuous Learning
- Critical Thinking
- Customer Focus
- Decision Making
- Ownership & accountability
- Problem Solving
- Strategic thinking
- Technical Skills
Our work is everywhere you look – even if you can’t actually see it. Lam Research goes deeper than software or chips to the heart of the process that enables chip creation. So if you want to help power the components that empower everything, join us.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.