Position – Mechanical Engineer I
Company – Lam Research
Location – Remote, IN
Success Starts Here
As a leading global supplier of wafer fabrication equipment and services to the semiconductor industry, Lam Research develops innovative solutions that help our customers build smaller, faster, and more power-efficient devices.
We are a company comprised of people who work hard, deliver outstanding results and maintain a sense of humor during even the most challenging times. Our success results from our employees’ diverse technical and business expertise, which fuels close collaboration and ongoing innovation. We know that our dynamic, global team of exceptional employees is essential to our continued growth.
Join the Lam Research team, where you can play a vital role in the future of electronics and write your own success story.
- Learns & apply engineering processes and standards, Lam products and IC fabrication basics
- Learns & apply knowledge about Products, PDR processes & DFx principles
- Collaborates with drafters to generate simple design documentation (optional)
- Participate in simple PDR tasks; does simple design and modeling of parts
- Validates designs through hand calculations / prototypes to support engineering decisions
- Obtains approvals through huddles & design reviews on simple designs
- Provides resolution to simple to Medium design issues under guidance
- Propose cut-in strategy for design changes, based on published BKMs & Standards
- Conducts guided brainstorming sessions and publishes clear notes, Participation in idea generation for product needs
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering with 0-2 years of experience.
- Semiconductor industry experience is not required, but a plus
- Master’s Degree is a plus
- At the beginning of their career (trainee and beyond)
- Proficient in design and manufacturing knowledge of simple complexity mechanical components with basic understanding GD&T & understanding of influence of various parameters like mfg, assembly, cost, service etc.
- Capable of conveying, capturing, and validating design intent of simple parts through Mechanical Drawings & Spec.
- Ability to perform simple analytical calculations and it would be plus incase knowledge of prototype/testing/computational modeling tools etc.
- Familiar with 3D Modelling & Assembly using any CAD package (e.g. NX)
- Familiar in release process of simple parts/assemblies and selecting OEM components per design need with guidance
- Proficiency in solving low priority, parts/assembly issues
- Ability to work with senior engineers, learning/applying industry standards/practices while avoiding design pitfalls
- Ability to apply engineering principles to real-world problems
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work well with others in an environment with aggressive deadlines and multiple priorities while remaining a team player
We believe it is important for every person to feel valued, included, and empowered to achieve their full potential. By bringing unique individuals and viewpoints together, we achieve extraordinary results.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability .We Look Forward to Your Application