Position – Graduate Engineer Trainee – ESU Purchase
Company – Kone
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Did you know KONE moves over one billion people every day? In 2019, we had annual net sales of EUR 10 billion. We employ over 60,000 driven professionals in over 60 countries worldwide joined together by a shared vision. As a global leader in the elevator and escalator industry, it is our mission to improve the flow of urban life.
Job Title – Engineer / Senior Engineer – ESU Purchase
Are you the one?
- Educational Qualification – B.E., / Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (or EEE & ECE candidates with Sheet Metal & Casting experience)
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in Purchase
- Knowledge on various taxations (GST, E- Way bill)
- Knowledge in Inco terms and Import Process
- Soft skill such as MS-office, MS-PowerPoint, etc.,
What will you be doing?
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes (Sheet metal Press parts, casting, Assembly, etc.,)
- Hands-on knowledge of SAP (MM), Supplier Web portal (or) equivalent.
- Assess volume requirements against the planning dashboard
- Day-to-day order management and management of deliveries, that are not impacting the contracts in coordination with sourcing
- In charge of analyzing the problem and eventually correcting the Purchase Order for Delivery vs Actual in coordination with sourcing in SAP
- Develop and maintain good relationships with suppliers and ensure demand for materials is met and deliveries made on time (JIT)
- MIS – Monitoring weekly/Monthly COT-Delivery Performance of each supplier
- Follow up and maintenance of records for subcontract Job work challan and timely closure for same with suppliers.
- Has to ensure Indian statutory requirements are fulfilled with suppliers’ invoices.
- In charge of BOM verification on time and correcting, in coordination with cross-functional teams in SAP
- In charge of BCN and ECN notification, acknowledgment and implementation with the supplier (Ramp up / Ramp Down)
- Follow up on rejected or defective material if any clearance with suppliers.
- Monitor inventory levels against agreed target levels, Support inventory checks to validate inventory accuracy
What do we offer?
- Career progression and opportunities within a global organization
- Total reward elements that engage and motivate our employees and help us make KONE a great place to work
- Comprehensive learning and development programs covering a wide range of professional skills
- You are surrounded by fun colleagues and a lively working environment within Business Services team and KONE Front Line. The best part is all leaders are great and open-minded
Click on apply if you have a passion for meeting up with people and a desire to make an impact in the elevator and escalator industry.
At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage participation and the sharing of information and ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced life.
Read more on