Position – Engineer – Transmission
Company – Eaton
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
- The primary function of the role is to lead/support development, sustenance & reliability improvement activities related to manual transmissions.
- Evaluation of ECR/ECO & deviation.
- Continuous improvement for ensuring cost leadership and new feature introductions as identified in internal roadmaps & per customer requirements.
- Work closely with plant team for addressing manufacturing ,quality & production line issues.
- Support Service team for customer warranty adjudication & attend JI for product field failure investigation.
- Proficient in using CAD tools used for creating product designs.
- DSFR study.
- Manage design activities through use of CREO 4.0 & PLM system.
- Responsible for managing Engineering activities on Oracle.
- Stack up Analysis.
- Represent in M3 & M4 meetings for product/mfg issue resolution & warranty reduction
- Lead ECC meetings and work with CFT to ensure effective change management process
- Work on VAVE ideas for product cost out.
- Product reliability improvement.
- Collaborate with customer & internal teams for ensuring customer satisfaction.
- BE: Mechanical
- Strong understanding of mechanical systems.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in vehicle driveline products.
- Knowledge of vehicle transmission product & components.
- Knowledge of product engineering aspects related to design & development.
- Knowledge of CREO 4.0 ,PLM,Oracle ERP, GD&T and Stack up analysis tool
- Understanding of commercial vehicle aggregates & requirements.
- Transmission gears & Synchronizer functions.
- Gear & shaft manufacturing knowledge.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Good interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Offer solutions for technical problems
- Drive for results
Eaton is an intelligent power management company dedicated to improving the quality of life and protecting the environment for people everywhere. We are guided by our commitment to do business right, to operate sustainably and to help our customers manage power today and well into the future. By capitalizing on the global growth trends of electrification and digitalization, we’re accelerating the planet’s transition to renewable energy, helping to solve the world’s most urgent power management challenges, and doing what’s best for our stakeholders and all of society. Founded in 1911, Eaton has been listed on the NYSE for nearly a century. We reported revenues of $19.6 billion in 2021 and serve customers in more than 170 countries.Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030.
Eaton is committed to having a workforce that is diverse and non-discriminatory at all levels, reflecting the diversity of our customers and the varied environments in which we conduct business around the world. Our success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best people unlimited by race, color, social or economic status, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any protected status. Eaton follows relevant non-discrimination laws and regulations in the countries where we operate. It is the policy of the Company to make all decisions regarding employment, including hiring, compensation, training, promotions, transfers, or lay-offs, based on the principle of equal employment opportunity as defined above.