Position – Executive – Manufacturing
Company – Kennametal Inc.
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 10,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $2.4 billion in revenues in fiscal 2019. Learn more at www.kennametal.com. Follow @Kennametal: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Position : Engineer – Manufacturing Engineering
Location : Bangalore
Reporting to : DGM – Production Engineering
- Develops and/or transitions new and/or improved processes to manufacturing, which includes the preparation of procedures and other manufacturing documentation. Provides on-site assistance for Trouble-shooting, Quality improvements, Capability issues, Productivity improvement and Capital purchases.
- Drives Process Improvements, Capital Installation, and New Process Introductions. Activities will include Developing plans and Budgets, Team selection, assigning activities, conducting progress reviews, launching corrective actions, assuring all EHS guidelines and requirements are met and reporting progress to Plant Management.
- Works with Purchasing and outside Vendors to obtain necessary Capital Equipment. Develops the preparation of functional specifications and evaluates alternatives (attending tool shows, seminars, and various training sessions is required to keep up with state-of-the-art developments).
- Coordinate with Global Teams to implement the Process changes
- Product transfers – work in Identifying, Planning and Implementing Product transfers; deploy PPAP
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Industrial Engg OR Mechanical Engg) having minimum of 2-3 years in Engineering industry preferably in manufacturing / Cutting Tool industry.
- Should have hands on experience in shop floor manufacturing concepts and implantation of projects in the shop floor
- Should know about the Lean concepts like Six Sigma, FMEA, RCA, 5S, Kaizen etc.,
- Exposure in designing the Plant Layouts, ability to decide Capital equipment based on the process flow.
- Actively initiate Cross-functional Co-operation and Communication and maintain strong communication with all departments
- Knowledge of ISO Systems / TS 16949 / ISO 14001 preferred
- Good communication skills
- Ability to deal with and establish rapport and trust at all levels
- Experience in working at fast moving, technical business environment