Position – GAT
Company – Danfoss
Location – Oragadam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Requisition ID: 15739, Job Location(s): Oragadam, IN, 602 105
We have an immediate opportunity for Graduate /Post Graduate Engineering Trainee to join us at our diverse team. You will be be part of a dynamic team in a company with a free way of working and informal tone of communication. Keywords in the team are results, independence, involvement, drive and co-operation both in the team and across the entire organization.
You will drive the benchmarking activities of Various Danfoss and Competitor products to establish Value selling points for Danfoss products and also able to identify the market trends in Design, Development and performance of various competitor products to provide significant insight to the product management teams. Engineer will have exposure to the global product management team and also various Cross functional teams across all RAC locations globally.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Handle Benchmarking activities for products following established processes.
- Perform catalogue comparison of products and analyze product portfolios , Capture Data and Analyze to establish valuable insights
- Compare design and construction of products through Teardown analysis, Inspection and Analyzing Material of construction.
- Create 3D Models and Drawings of Competitor Parts for Should cost analysis , Manufacturing process evaluation and Alternative process identification
- Prepare/update Test procedures, establish test parameters, create test requests, Review test progress and Analyze test reports.
- Provide inputs and insight on Design, Cost, performance Improvement of Danfoss products, Play active role in setting Pre NPD product proposition.
- Work closely with Technology department in creating patent landscaping
Background & Skills
The ideal candidate possesses these skills.
- Graduate/ Postgraduate in Mechanical Engineering
- Exposure to Benchmarking/ Engineering/ R&D department is an advantage
- Exposure to VA/VE, Teardown analysis, product performance testing, and Benchmarking.
- Expertise in Autodesk Inventor/ Pro E / Solid works software is advantageous
- Previous experience/ exposure in refrigeration valves & controls will be added advantage
- This is a contract role and will be based in Chennai, Oragadam.
Danfoss – Engineering Tomorrow
At Danfoss, we are engineering solutions that allow the world to use resources in smarter ways – driving the sustainable transformation of tomorrow. No transformation has ever been started without a group of passionate, dedicated and empowered people. We believe that innovation and great results are driven by the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds, personalities, skills, and perspectives, reflecting the world in which we do business. To make sure the mix of people works, we strive to create an inclusive work environment where people of all backgrounds are treated equally, respected, and valued for who they are. It is a strong priority within Danfoss to improve the health, working environment and safety of our employees.
Following our founder’s mindset ‘action speaks louder than words’, we set ourselves ambitious targets to protect the environment by embarking on a plan to become CO2 neutral latest by 2030.
Danfoss is an EO employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category.