Position – Jr Applications Engineer (MSG)-India
Company – Kennametal Inc.
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Kennametal Inc. (NYSE: KMT) brings together materials science, technical expertise, innovative thinking, and superior customer service to help the world fly, drive, power and build. Our tools, materials, and wear-resistant solutions enable customers to run longer, cut faster and machine with greater precision. Kennametal is built for performance, and every day approximately 8,700 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated $2.0 billion in revenues in fiscal 2022.
Learn more at www.kennametal.com. Follow @Kennametal: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Executive -Sales Engineering (MSG)
- Education & Relevant Experience (in brief):
- Engineering graduate in Mechanical / Industrial Production with 3 to 9 years of experience in Pre Sales / Sales Engineering / Proposal Engineering / Design / Application / Tooled-up SPMs / Deep hole drilling machines / HMC or VMC tooled-up solutions.
- Good knowledge of cutting tools for metal-cutting operations.
- Process knowledge of Machining of 2W/4W/Tractor/General Engineering – Engine, Transmission and other automotive components.
- Ability to understand Customer component Drawings.
- Should be well conversant with Engineering drawings and have a good understanding of drawings of Machines / Fixtures/machine assemblies, etc;
- Good knowledge and understanding of machine sub-systems/assemblies and machine accessories.
- Working knowledge of 2D-Autocad is mandatory and 3D-Solidworks/Equivalent is preferred.
- Ability to understand customers’ Techno-commercial needs.
- Understanding of commercial terms with respect to capital equipment/machinery.
- Good communication skills (Verbal and written).
- Good working hand on MS Office (Specifically MS- Word, Excel & MS power point ) is desired
- The purpose of this position is to understand the customer requirements and work out machine proposals/quotations to provide optimal machine configuration and solution.
- The main activity will involve working on Proposal Engineering for Special Purpose Machines.
- Proposal / Quotation activity involves making proposal machine layouts and component layouts in CAD, deciding machining process, Cutting tool selection, Cycle time estimation, Component accuracy analysis, freeze machine specifications, working on price estimation, and preparation of complete techno commercial offer.
- Visit customers at times for inquiries to understand the requirements.
- Visit customers for technical discussions on machine proposals.
- Techno-commercial support to the Field Sales team for order procurement.
- Capture market feedback for product up-gradation/new developments, and facilitate the development of new products.
- Handle ISO-related activities including scrutinizing purchase orders received, issuing Order acceptance to customers, Order handover document (OHD) preparation, and budget allotment.