Position – Engineer
Company – Eaton
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
What you’ll do:
The primary responsibility of this role is to lead and execute various cost-out projects related to Sheet Steel, Fabrication, Stampings, etc.) as part Direct Material Productivity (DMP) team. This involves close collaboration with Global Procurement Organization & Product divisions to generate cost-out opportunities. The applicant will be responsible for working on various aspects of Direct Material Productivity with the primary goal of identifying, developing, and maintaining services that deliver significant cost-out opportunities as well as creating a robust pipeline of executable cost-out projects. The applicant should have the capability to analyze commodity spending data & leverage data analytics & ideation principles to create new project opportunities. The incumbent needs to have an in-depth knowledge of requirements related to electrical components design and application, including duty cycle attributes. The incumbent needs to have an ability to develop design guidelines for these components along with an ability to develop test protocols.”
“List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) that must be accomplished in order to fulfill the purpose of your position as described above.
- A. Execute the enterprise-wide strategic projects for Castings, Forgings, Sheet Steel, Stampings, and Fabrication commodities working along with Global Procurement Leaders
- B. Execute the strategic and operational plans for VAVE, Resourcing, Negotiation, and Part Rationalization to achieve measurable outputs in terms of cost-out goals
- C. Generate new ideas that are technically and commercially viable to reduce the overall cost of the products and be competitive in the market
- D. Drive productivity by supplier consolidations, key data improvements & avoiding part proliferation
- E. Identify and develop different knowledge nuggets to run data analysis which can be reused for other projects.
- F. Participate in supplier discussions to generate new ideas and solutions to gain cost-out
- G. Leverage DFSS methodology to identify technical risks at an early stage of product development and develop a robust product that meets customer requirements and specification
- H. Fosters New patents/disclosures while working on New Product development, VAVE, and problem-solving projects”
- The minimum education for this position is a Bachelor / Master in Mechanical Engineering, with demonstrated experience in technical engineering organization. (Preferably worked in the Mechanical industry)
- 3+ years of experience with a multinational engineering organization
“Hands-on knowledge of Value Engineering principles & their deployment
Work & interact with the global cross-functional and cross-cultural team. Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to clearly communicate to internal/external customers and suppliers.