Kennametal Inc. is Hiring | Design Engineer |
Position – Senior Design Engineer-India
Company – Kennametal Inc.
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 8,600 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $1.8 billion in revenues in fiscal 2021.
Learn more at www.kennametal.com. Follow @Kennametal: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Job Title: Senior Design Engineer
Job Location: Bangalore
The candidate is expected to be part of Roughing Tool design and engineering activities. It consists of conceptualization, detailing, revisions, cross functional discussions etc. Primarily, the customer (Internal and External) expectation needs to be understood clearly and execute the design requirements quickly right first time.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Key responsibility of this job includes Designing Cutting Tools, like Countersinking Tools and Indexable Holemaking Tools.
- Knowledge on Modular Drills & Combination Tools.
- Must possess fundamental Metal cutting product and manufacturing processes knowledge, with prior exposure to tool design/application engineering/machining, is preferred.
- Exposure to Uni graphics NX, AutoCAD, ECTR, SAP PLM is preferred.
- Design/ Engineering and development of cutting tools 3D Models. 2D Drawings, BoMs etc.
- Understanding all the relevant standards/ practices and completion of design tasks.
- Working with Plants/ Cross-functional teams for continuous development
- Ability to work in a team environment, strong interpersonal skills in interfacing with internal and external customers and leadership abilities are essential to successfully lead large projects in a matrix organization structure.
Education , Work Experience, Skills, Certificates:
- Minimum Level of Education (for Job): Bachelor’s degree
- Years of Relevant Work Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Preferred Areas of Education, Certifications, and Skills:
- BE/ B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering/ Allied courses like IP, IEM, AE, MS etc., Diploma in Mechanical/ Machine tool Technology with relevant Experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer