ABB is Hiring | Design Engineer |
Position – Design Engineer
Company – ABB
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
This is a Design Engineer role, reporting to Engineer Manager in Motion division located in Bangalore. Create and modify the standard designs of equipment, systems, or installations, including standard specifications for manufacturing, fabrication or construction for assignments classified as low to medium complexity by applying standard design concepts.
- Performing 3D, design annotations and 2D deliverables in compliance with QCD commitments, expertise’s rules and processes.
- Conceptualize new designs and translate concept into formal electronic design drawings.
- Review drawing/specifications and communicate requirements to vendors.
- Understand and update all product drawings.
- Provide input and recommend changes to new and existing product designs.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in all CAD skills and all mathematical functions related to these skills.
- Performing FEA analysis on mechanical functions and designs.
- Continually recommends improvements in all areas related to standards, products and drawings
- Realizing Bill of Material.
- Designing products taking into account project requirements (performances, manufacturability, serviceability, testability, etc).
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering.
- Prefer 4-7 years of related work experience.
- Mechanical Engineering preferably applied to Railway products with 1 to 2 years of experience.
- Proficiency design software including Solid Edge and AutoCAD.
- Able to perform and analyze results from FEA and Hand calculation.
More about us
ABB Traction is a leader in traction technologies, driving innovation in rail and e-mobility. Our propulsion, auxiliary and energy storage solutions contribute to making transportation more sustainable, while saving energy every day. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for our customers every day. It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply. ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions. For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. #LI-Onsite