Position – Mechanical Engineer I
Company – Johnson Controls
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
What you will do
The Mechanical Engineer Performs product engineering work requiring the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related mechanical engineering tasks.
The Mechanical Engineer analyzes existing product designs and Develops product concepts and detailed designs, as directed; prototype generation and plans testing to international Standards; conducts design reviews; maintains records of the design process in accordance with the stage-gate process, by performing the following duties directly or within the team.
How you will do it
Includes the following; performs other duties as directed.
- Preparation of simple to medium 3D & 2D design layouts, detailed drawings, and specifications using CAD tool (Creo software).
- Learning Fire suppression products and applications and understands basic agency approval requirements, to ensure compliance is maintained in designs.
- Performs root cause analysis and corrective action on simplistic problems.
- Lead technically in small or narrowly scoped projects
- Learn & implement new features in our products based on customer requirements
- Plans develop, conducts, and oversees experimental test programs.
- Familiar with a variety of Engineering concepts, practices, and procedures
- Understands stage-gate process, methods, and tools used within assigned area.
- Participates in process improvement efforts.
- Identifies engineering changes and nonconformities in existing drawings based on project requirements
- Participate in Innovation/New Technology, NPD & Value Engineering Workshops, and Project Activities
- Develop positive relationships with all stakeholders and assist them, as appropriate, with issues or concerns to a satisfactory resolution.
- The creative thinker must be able to “think outside the box”.
- Performs all elements of the job in accordance with established procedures.
What we look for
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing.
- 4+ years overall experience in the field of mechanical engineering.
- Fire suppression product design and development will be a plus
- Must have expertise in using Creo, Creo-Simulation, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Prior experience working with a multi-national company.
- Knowledge of FEA.
- Understanding of Stage gate process and tools such as DFMEA, DVP&R, DOE, risk analysis.
- The ability for occasional travel.
- Proficiency of MSOffice, PTC Creo, and Windchill.
Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing.
Who we are
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable, and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mindset, and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls: Enhancing the Intelligence of Buildings
Your buildings have a purpose.
They are places for people to live or work. Facilities for learning or healing. Venues for entertainment and shopping. Sites for the specialized storage of tangible goods or mission-critical data. Your buildings have a huge variety of functions; they are central to your mission.
This is where Johnson Controls comes in, helping drive the outcomes that matter most. Through a full range of systems and digital solutions, we make your buildings smarter. A smarter building is safer, more comfortable, more efficient, and, ultimately, more sustainable. Most important, smarter buildings let you focus more intensely on your unique mission. Better for your people. Better for your bottom line. Better for the planet.
At Johnson Controls, we’ve been making buildings smarter since 1885, and our capabilities, depth of innovation experience, and global reach have been growing ever since. Today, we offer the world’s largest portfolio of building products, technologies, software, and services; we put that portfolio to work to transform the environments where people live, work, learn and play.