Position – Senior Associate Engineer -DTO
Company – Caterpillar
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
As a Design Engineer with the Large Power Systems Division (LPSD), you will have the opportunity to direct and contribute to the concept, development, and design of complex components, subsystems, or processes while strengthening your analytical skills and mastery of engineering concepts. You will partner with and provide technical guidance to global teams. You will contribute to the planning and delivery of projects, continually learn and stay abreast of innovative technology, and broaden your professional network. This position is for the Custom Gensets Design to Order Packaging group located in Griffin, Georgia, with responsibility for the custom design and project management of tasks related to Marine, Electric Power, and Petroleum Genset orders.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Creation and support of detailed design, distribution of requirements and deadlines to offsite engineering detailers, collaboration with manufacturing suppliers, design verification via VDRA, support of assembly team, and resolution of build issues.
- Review project with management team via design reviews.
- Minimal travel (less than 5%) is required.
- Generator set related system ProE/Creo detailed design components are within the scope of responsibilities.
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related Engineering or Engineering Technology curriculum.
- 2+ years of relevant generator sets Mechanical systems design/development in DTO, NPI, or NTI environment.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills (Powerpoint, Excel, Word, etc).
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Current LPSD engineering experience is strongly desired.
- Degree in an accredited Mechanical Engineering curriculum.
- Knowledge of Caterpillar Generators sets.
- Expertise using Teamcenter, ProE, and CREO software.
- Ability to be a self-starter with strong technical skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively and present designs in reviews.
- Excellent written and verbal communication one-on-one and in larger settings.
- Good interpersonal, teamwork, and collaboration skills to develop a cooperative working relationship with others inside and outside of the department.
- Proven ability to perform complex assignments, prioritize workload, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Relocation is available for this position.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.