Position – Engineer – Mechanical
Company – Danfoss
Location – Oragadam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Danfoss Drives is looking for a new Engineer – Mechanics to join our Product Engineering Center in Chennai, India. Our team continuously keeps the current product portfolio competitive by designing cost-effective and high-quality solutions and by developing new functionalities to meet the needs of the customer. In this position, you will have close cooperation with other mechanics designers, project team members, and other interfaces such as Validation, Procurement, Project office, and subcontractors.
This could be a good opportunity also for you at the beginning of your career towards being a true specialist in the field of mechanical engineering.
- 3D design in product development projects.
- Creating and developing component requirements and specifications, and other technical design documents as per Danfoss standards and processes.
- Delivering specifications, designs, analysis, and prototypes on time.
- Identify and solve design and product-related issues.
- Bring innovation for time to market reduction and within the cost targets and quality.
- Develop and maintain contacts with relevant manufacturing facilities globally.
- Comply with the product development process and design standards of Danfoss.
- Work closely with manufacturing engineering to move products from design to manufacturing.
- Participate in project reviews to ensure that project deliverable are met.
Background & Skills
- Position requires more than 3-5 years of experience in handling design & product developments
- B.E (Mechanical Engineering) or ME on CAD / CAM (or) Engineering Design
- Have at least basic knowledge of manufacturing processes including sheet metals, die casting, and injection molding
- Familiar with 3D design tools such as Creo
- Prior experience with AC Drives helps you to get started but is not a necessity
- Fluent and comprehensive English
- Knowledge of SAP and PLM tool (PDM Link or similar)
- Knowledge of APQP including Supplier PPAP, FMEA, and use of special characteristics
- Ability to use Simulation tools and perform tolerance chain impact analysis
Danfoss – Engineering Tomorrow
Go from words to action – choose a sustainable career!
A series of megatrends are transforming the world as we know it: Increased digitalization, electrification, and urbanization, as well as the challenges connected to food supply and climate change. At Danfoss, you will help develop energy-efficient and sustainable solutions that contribute to solving the global issues of today and tomorrow. Whether you are an experienced professional or just starting out, we provide a variety of opportunities for you to make your career matter.
At Danfoss, we are engineering solutions that allow the world to use resources in smarter ways – driving the sustainable transformation of tomorrow. No transformation has ever been started without a group of passionate, dedicated, and empowered people. We believe that innovation and great results are driven by the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds, personalities, skills, and perspectives, reflecting the world in which we do business. To make sure the mix of people works, we strive to create an inclusive work environment where people of all backgrounds are treated equally, respected, and valued for who they are. It is a strong priority within Danfoss to improve the health, working environment, and safety of our employees.
Following our founder’s mindset ‘action speaks louder than words, we set ourselves ambitious targets to protect the environment by embarking on a plan to become CO2 neutral latest by 2030.
Danfoss is engineering technologies that enable the world of tomorrow to be better, smarter and more effective. In growing cities, we ensure the supply of fresh food and optimal comfort in homes and offices, while meeting the need for energy-efficient infrastructure, connected systems, and integration of renewable energy.
Our solutions are used, for example, for cooling, air conditioning, heating, controlling electric motors and mobile equipment. Our innovative engineering can be traced back to 1933, and today Danfoss is a global leader with 28,000 employees and sales in more than 100 countries. We are privately owned by the founder’s family.
Read more about us at www.danfoss.com