Position – Drafter II
Company – Johnson Controls
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
The CAD Engineer will be responsible to prepare complex technical drawings and plans to show detail and method of assembly. Estimates the material required based on the drawings. Indicates dimensions and fastening requirements. Candidate should have excellent hands on Creo Parametric knowledge along with AutoCAD and Solidworks on need basis.
- Interfaces with engineering project teams to coordinate design development, from concept design support to final design.
- Working on surface modeling using advance surfacing tools in Creo Parametric.
- Working on large assemblies and managing multi-level BOMs in the assembly drawings.
- Working with other CAD staff ensuring efficient and accurate drafting with adherence to Modeling and Drafting standards.
- Interact with global teams on assigned tasks.
- QA/QC of CAD work performed by CAD staff.
- Engineering data management in PDM environment.
Qualification & Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor/Diploma Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 2 to 3 years of experience in Engineering Design.
- Expertise in CAD Tools like Creo Parametric is must along with Experience in complex parts/geometry modeling using advance surfacing tools in Creo Parametric.
- Expertise in Creo Sheet Metal, Advance Modeling and Assembly
- Expertise in Plastic, Sheet Metal and Casting component design and manufacturing process.
- Strong fundamentals in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering.
- Knowledge on fire safety products is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of CAD tools such as AutoCAD and Solidworks is added advantage.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional matrixed organization.
- Knowledge of GD&T and ASME Y14.5 drawing standards is must.
- Demonstrated ability to work multiple projects in parallel.
- Ability to work in a global virtual environment.
- Bachelor/Diploma Degree in Mechanical Engineering
To all recruitment agencies: Johnson Controls does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Johnson Controls employees or any other company location. Johnson Controls is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.
Johnson Controls: Enhancing the Intelligence of Buildings
Your buildings have a purpose.
They are places for people to live or work. Facilities for learning or healing. Venues for entertainment and shopping. Sites for the specialized storage of tangible goods or mission-critical data. Your buildings have a huge variety of functions; they are central to your mission.
This is where Johnson Controls comes in, helping drive the outcomes that matter most. Through a full range of systems and digital solutions, we make your buildings smarter. A smarter building is safer, more comfortable, more efficient, and, ultimately, more sustainable. Most important, smarter buildings let you focus more intensely on your unique mission. Better for your people. Better for your bottom line. Better for the planet.
At Johnson Controls, we’ve been making buildings smarter since 1885, and our capabilities, depth of innovation experience, and global reach have been growing ever since. Today, we offer the world’s largest portfolio of building products, technologies, software, and services; we put that portfolio to work to transform the environments where people live, work, learn and play.
Johnson Controls: The power behind your mission.