Position – Senior Engineer – Dry Gas Seal Support System
Location – Pune, Maharashtra
This position will report to Engineering Manager to the respective manufacturing locations assigned. The primary focus of this position is to develop & establish a small team for Engineering standardization, CAD automation, Pre-Order and Post Order Engineering support.
- Develop a small engineering team of up to 10 and mentor them on a day to day engineering activities.
- On-time engineering deliverables to the internal and external customers/associates.
- Engineering KPI, Lead Time, ECN/Revision control, rejection /rework cost of engineering quality control
Duties & Responsibilities
- Gas Seal Support Systems. – Oil & Gas Filters for Turbo Machineries in Gas Compression , Power Generation and other process industries application.
- Global Proposal – RFQ Handling / Proposal Standardization.
- Products Standardization,
- Standard Engineering BOM & GPN for Multiple product types
- Standard Parts, Product Configuration, and modular assembly and sub-assembly standardization.
- Application Engineering & Design Tools standardization.
- Customer Specific (OEM) – Product Standardizations, Datasheets, and Manuals.
- Quality – VQP / ITP Standardization.
- Support VAVE, NPD (new product development) & R&D team as needed
- Support Global product managers for developing product literature and training materials.
- Specification Review
- Maintain Quote Log / Tracker
- Component Standardization / Supplier & Cost Database.
- Application Engineering – Product Selection /Sizing
- Techno-Commercial offer Preparation
- P&ID / GAD
- Technical proposal
- Comments & Exceptions /Clarification List
- Technical clarification and alignment documents.
- Conduct Project Handoff meeting: Clean order handoff to Order Engineering team /Order Execution Team/PDO.
- P&ID, GAD
- Instrument Hookups
- Electrical Wiring Diagram
- Logic Diagram
- Cause & Effect
- Control Narratives
- BOM – Level-1 High Level based on Main Components, Valves, Instrumentation, and Electrical Accessories
- System Instrumentation and Components Datasheets Preparation,
- Documentation Index for MDR/SDRL/VDRL.
- Quality Plan /ITP
- Installation, Operation & Maintenance Manual
- Detailed Engineering Calculations
- Participating & Managing Technical Review meeting with Customer/EPC /OEM.
- Reviewing Suppliers Quote and technical alignment
- Support Procurement team for Bid Evaluation process and approve technical offers.
- Clear Input of all Data’s Required for Design Team to prepare GAD and Manufacturing Drawings
- Engineering change management.
- Document control / revision record.
- Final Documentation.
- Graduate in Mechanical / Electrical & Instrumentation from a reputed university with 8 to 12 years of relevant Industrial experience.
- Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical / Chemical / Instrumentation) with 12 Years of relevant Industrial experience.
Professional and specialist skills
- Good analytical skills and technical background
- Capable of defining and meeting realistic timelines
- Self Motivated and a quick learner
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- Team player with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Customer service and business-oriented. Target and results-driven
- Knowledge in detailed engineering of Dry Gas Seal Support Systems, Pressure Vessels / Filters/ Piping / mechanical seal support systems, or similar fluid control systems products.
- Work experience in Oil & Gas Filtration, Lube Oil Systems, Fuel Gas Conditioning Systems, and Dry Gas Seal Support system, Turbo Machineries and Gas Compression equipment’s will be an added advantage for this position.
- Work experience in Compressors skids engineering at OEM is an added advantage.
- Working knowledge with API-614, API 692, and API 682, ISO 10438-1, ASME / ANSI Piping, and pressure vessels standards are essential.
- Commendable knowledge on ASME Section VIII, Division 1, is added merit to the candidate.
- The ability to review and interpret and comply with project specifications, project documentation, and compliances from OEM, EPC, and End-user will be an added advantage.
- Hands-on experience of using Solid Edge CAD software. Solid Edge-CAD package customization & library creation for 3D parts, sub-assemblies & main assemblies, coaching the Design & Drafting engineers on day-to-day challenges.