Position – Senior Engineer – Fluid Control (Pune/Bangalore)
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
Duties & Responsibilities
Senior Fluid Control Engineer – responsibilities and expectations include:
- Checking and Approving the techno-commercial quotations/proposals of the sealant system
- Developing, facilitate and Mentor less experienced engineers
- Support System Improvement Strategy or Strategic initiatives in terms of Global Projects requirements/customer expectations
- Preparation of an executive report to communicate the team’s efficiency and effectiveness
- Create/update processes, procedures, documentation, and knowledge bank
- Support developing product literature and training materials.
- To cover for team leader in his absence
- Generic responsibilities and expectations for Senior Fluid Control Engineer and Fluid Control Engineer – include:
- Interpret and analyze project specifications (Specification Review)
- Maintain Quote and utilization Log / Tracker
- Component Standardization / Supplier & Cost Database.
- Application Engineering – Product Selection /Sizing
Techno-Commercial offer Preparation
- P&ID, instrument hook up diagram, control narrative and logical diagrams
- Technical proposal
- Comments & Exceptions /Clarification List
- Technical clarification and alignment documents.
- System Instrumentation and Components Datasheets Preparation for inquiry
- Contacting Suppliers and reviewing their quote for technical and commercial alignment
- Support Procurement team for Bid Evaluation process and approve technical offers.
- Clear Input of all Data’s Required for Design Team to prepare GAD and Manufacturing Drawings
- Participating & Managing Technical Review meeting with Customer/EPC /OEM.
- Review purchase order and order handover documents
- Conduct Project Hand over meetings with clean order to order execution Teams
- Attend kick-off meetings with Contracts and Engineering teams
- Providing Support on Techno commercial clarifications for Contract Department
- Should actively contribute to performance and Continuous improvements
- Support VAVE, NPD (new product development) & R&D team as needed
- Graduate in Mechanical / Electrical & Instrumentation Engineering or equivalent from a reputed university with 8 years of relevant Industrial experience.
- Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical / Instrumentation) with 10 Years of relevant Industrial experience.
Professional and specialist skills
- Good analytical skills and technical background
- Capable of defining and meeting realistic timelines
- Customer service and business-oriented. Target and results-driven
- Self-Motivated and quick learner
- Team player with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- Strong application and detailed engineering knowledge of mechanical seal support systems (API –Piping Plans) or similar fluid control systems products(like Lube oil Consoles or Oil Lubricating Systems or Pre-jacking systems, HP-LP systems or Filtration units, etc,) for applications in Oil & Gas, Chemical, Petrochemical, Power, Steel, Chemical industries
- Hands-on experience in the selection of Pressure, Level & Temperature instruments and preparation of Instrument specifications are essential
- Knowledge of Electrical Enclosures for Hazardous Area Classification and Mechanical Protection requirements are preferable
- Through knowledge in interpretation and compliance of project specification from OEM, EPC and End-user will be added advantage
- Work experience in Pumps and Compressors skids engineering at OEM is valued.
- Working knowledge with API 682, API 610, API 614, ASME / ANSI Piping, and pressure vessels standards are preferable.
- Functional experience in basic CAD tools is expected