Position – Purchase Engineer
Company – John Crane
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
The successful candidate will be working in Purchase as a dedicated team member supporting business order Procurement, co-ordination cum execution along with capex and revenue purchasing in John Crane Bangalore Operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Should have knowledge on Indirect and Direct Sourcing.
- Experience in Sourcing packing materials, consumables, maintenance parts & measuring instruments preferable.
- Ready to take up challenges as a team player in help sourcing direct materials.
- Knowledge on SAP is an added advantage.
- Conversion of PR to PO within the defined timeline.
- Liaise with suppliers on delivery schedule so as to ensure on-time deliveries of parts.
- Supplier identification, who are able to deliver high quality products at competitive pricing.
- Negotiate with suppliers on lead-time, cost and quality so as to obtain the maximum benefit for the company and project the savings appropriately.
- Manage suppliers to meet objectives related to cost, delivery performance, schedule and quality.
- Review and manage the supplier base to ensure consistency with the sourcing strategy.
- Perform regular performance review with suppliers to drive continuous improvements.
- Create monthly performance reviews and reports focusing on overall sourcing requirements.
- Ensure commercial, legal and contractual compliances in all the procurement transactions.
- Coordinate with vendor on continuous quality improvement.
- Support safe workplace cultures and compliance with Smiths EH&S
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- BE with 2 -5 years of experience /Diploma with 5 -7 years of experience in the similar domain.
- Must possess Excellent co-ordination, communication (English proficiency: Both verbal and written) and inter-personal Skills.
- Technical ability to understand design, drawings, and Manufacturing processes.
- Should be able to Plan and prioritize work
- Quick Learner with good analytical skills
- A thorough team player with well-developed interpersonal skills
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers’ evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About John Crane
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD (£830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.