Position – Design Engineer Mechanical – ESS Design
Company – Cyient
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Cyient is a global engineering and technology solutions company. As a Design, Build, and Maintain partner for leading organizations worldwide, we take solution ownership across the value chain to help clients focus on their core, innovate, and stay ahead of the curve. We leverage digital technologies, advanced analytics capabilities, and our domain knowledge and technical expertise, to solve complex business problems.
With over 15,000 employees globally, we partner with clients to operate as part of their extended team in ways that best suit their organization’s culture and requirements. Our industry focus includes aerospace and defence, healthcare, telecommunications, rail transportation, semiconductor, geospatial, industrial, and energy.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Design and development of Advanced Power Products System and Components to meet functional, reliability and durability goals
- Configuration engineering / Component designs related to Mounting Structures, Fabrications, installation designs
- Design support for deviations / build issues / other maintenance activities
- Work with Subject Matter Experts to understand and document the requirements
- Perform design calculations, initiate ideas, support DFMEA and develop validation plan for New Product Introduction (NPI) programs
- Understand the technical requirements and communicate with supplier for the development of components
- Work with simulation team to plan and deliver simulation activity
- Conduct design reviews with the stakeholders, communicate results in a concise and accurate manner
- Provide technical support to manufacturing, quality, purchasing during part development
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering / Mechatronic or equivalent with 3+ years of experience (DME can be considered based on suitable experience and knowledge)
- Design work experience in advanced power system technology and products like Battery energy storage systems / fuel cell power sources / hybrids / electric vehicles etc.
- Design experience in mounting structures / sheet metal / installation design experience
- Strong Creo and Team Centre experience or equivalent tool experience
- Good analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform analysis tasks using Creo simulate will be an advantage
Skills & Experience
Communication Skills, Manufacturing Processes, Mechanical Engineering, Vendor Management
Cyient is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cyient recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive company where our people can focus their whole self on solving problems that matter.