Position – Engineer Planner
Company – ALSTOM
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 70000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Responsible to develop and maintain overall Train and Sub-Systems development schedule from T0 to VGR in order to manage efficiently the time commitments of the project (tender, contract or program execution).
- Manage efficiently planning deliverable issuance, critical paths and physical progress of the development tasks.
- Ensure the transfer with Project Operation Planning manager by VGR at the latest.
- Facilitate the synchronization of internal stakeholders.
In tender and development phase:
- Detail the tender schedule based on A.SST/E.SST (Standard Sequencing Logic, Complexity assessment matrix, REX durations) BTM assumptions and gap analysis, Metiers commitments and PDO (Project Development Organisation) tender strategy.
- Highlight the critical paths and risks linked to the development schedule
- Propose and animate the optimisation & mitigation actions.
- Contribute with the development schedule to ensure compliance of the project strategy with the contractual requirements.
- Contribute to deliver on time all requested schedule deliverables.
In contract or program execution:
- Build the Development schedule based on A.SST Standard Sequencing Logic and WBS, A.SST templates, contractual targets and data provided by Project stakeholders.
- Provide to Chief of Development a clear vision of the Development schedule critical paths from T0 to VGR on all issues related to projects schedule.
- Propose the development schedule baseline and ensure its acceptance by all Project stakeholders.
- Ensure the consistency of all the internal and external Stakeholders commitments and manage the schedule interfaces between Train Level and Sub-systems via periodic sessions.
- Perform schedule analysis & trade-offs to close identified gaps or schedule issues.
- Focus on early identification of potential delays (critical paths) including the status on risks and margin related to schedule.
- Deliver Physical Progress KPI of the Development schedule, contributing with PrPM to Earned Value Management.
- Apply the Project Scheduling Process.
- Contribute to the return of experience (REX) and improvements, share best practices, schedule templates.
- Contribute to the Project Time Management Plan defined by the PrPM.
Performance measurements in tenders and development:
- On time delivery of the tender development schedule.
- Contribute with PrPM to deliverables requested to fulfil RFP requirements.
- On time delivery of schedule analysis to enable the Tender Team to take decisions: critical paths for main milestones, compliance with tender strategy related to contractual milestones, planning risks, mitigation plan and list of ambitions.
- List of potential gaps between Project schedule defined in tender and Platform Reference Library schedule.
Performance measurements in contract or program execution:
- Baseline approved and managed.
- Regular and consistent scheduling updates, with critical paths, potential delays analysis and actions plans proposed to the Chief of Development and the Project team.
- On time delivery of KPIs (Gate Reviews GO on time, Design Reviews on time, OTIF, Physical Progress, …).
Main required competencies
- Engineering degree.in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with 3 to 6 experience in Planning & Project Management in Preferably Engineering /Rolling Stock domain
- Have worked with internal processes: Tenders, Projects, Engineering, Industrial, Sourcing, Supply Chain, Quality and their interfaces.
Competencies & Skills
- Good overall knowledge of railway products and systems.
- Agility to juggle with schedules (internal and customer schedules) simulations and various scenarios) and changing project goals.
- Rigorous, structured and sense of anticipation.
- Good Communications and interpersonal skills, excellent team worker.
- Conflict management and multi-tasking.
- Collaborative management.
- Be able to challenge project team and highly proactive in proposing solutions.
- Comfortable in an international and a multi-cultural environment.
- English language proficiency.
- Good knowledge of Excel.
- Mastering one or several scheduling software (MS Project/Primavera, …).
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Job Type: Experienced
Job Segment: Supply, Project Manager, Supply Chain, RFP, Pre-Sales, Operations, Technology, Sales