Position – Mechanical Engineer I
Company – John Crane
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Under direct supervision performs a variety of engineering and drafting/design tasks requiring application of standard techniques and procedures. Uses engineering judgment and responsibility to resolve stakeholder enquiries with particular emphasis on the refurbishment and replacement of competitor seals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review & processing of reliability engineer’s Project Requests
- Follow standard techniques and procedures to select, apply, design and draft JC wet seal products to replace competitor seals (IS-174 & IS-175).
- Liaising with Global Engineering Product Groups and other key stakeholders to provide ‘Right first time’ sealing solutions to stakeholder requirement.
- Basic use of CSTEDY & similar tools for simple design analysis
- Basic engineering calculations as required
- Good knowledge in manufacturing concepts/assembly of the seal cartridge
- Good understanding the given seal OEM drawing for completing General arrangement drawings
- Knowledge on SAP activities are preferable
- Knowledgeable on Reverse Engineering seal oem drawing
- working knowledge with given photos and CMM readings
- Knowledge on seal selections
- knowledge on API plans
- Knowledgeable on Performance Plus/Reliability contract work’s experience
- Knowledgeable on Competitor’s wet seal products
- Knowledgeable of identifying suitable component for competitor’s seal component drawing
- Knowledgeable on PP contract seal repair/refurbishment
- Knowledgeable on TC & GCN
- Design of Company wet seal products using 2 & 3D CAD techniques (Solid Edge preferred).
- Basic field troubleshooting, including analysis of problems / recommendation & implementation of appropriate solutions – typically working with more experienced engineering / service colleagues
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
Diploma in Engineering/BE (Mechanical / IP) with > 3 to 7 years of experience. Experience in seal refurbishment/service center and experience in competitor seal repair area. Works in wet seal reliability team. Sound knowledge of international standards related to seal and pump industries.
- Creation of 2d and 3d sketches for core seal components
- Report the process of the jobs
- Raise / process Engineering Change Notice (ECN) requests as required
- Continuous Improvement in the process
Additional duties and responsibilities will vary based upon local business / departmental need
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers’ evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About John Crane
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD (£830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.