Position – Engineer CAD
Company – John Crane
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Full Job Description
The successful candidate will be responsible for supervising and supporting designated Wet Seal Engineering team that is responsible for delivering high quality design and drawing for designated projects in collaboration with stakeholders, that primarily includes Projects Sales & applications support, Global Engineering, operations etc.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review, interpret and establish product requirements from customer / DOR / Technical file requisitions.
- To design & release large varieties of Engineered-to-Order Mechanical sealing designs through General Arrangement Drawings (GAs’), & Manufacturing drawings in line with business expectations & targets using 2D/3D CAD techniques / Tools.
- To maintain a consistently high standard of work and maintaining delivery schedules
- Must follow and implement company Procedures and design Standards.
- Perform Basic Engineering calculations as required using various Engineering tools / calculations
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis and ensure agreed Corrective Actions are implemented consistently (eg. 8D / RCA)Key Skills and Experience
- Drive and contribute to maintain a safe and efficient working environment, including following appropriate HSE procedures / performance of risk assessments as appropriate.
- Good Engineering Judgement with Sealing Solutions or high precision assemblies.
- Strong hands-on skills in Solid Edge 3D Assembly / 3D Part modelling / 2D Draft environments.
- Should have very good application knowledge of Fits and Tolerances and GD&T in Design of precision assemblies.
- Should be committed to very high levels of customer service.
- Must pay attention to details with good analytical skills and be a quick learner.
- Should have good written and spoken skills in English and Dedicated team player with well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Experience with CAD Automation programming languages (like VBA) will be an added advantage.
- Manage and report personal workload, forecast own job lead-times to meet customer and departmental objectives.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Typically, around 2 years of experience in designing and drawing for Engineered-to-Order Mechanical sealing or similar high precision assemblies is most preferred.
Support safe workplace cultures and compliance with Smiths EH&S
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers’ evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About John Crane
John Crane is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products, including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, filtration systems and digital diagnostics technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Global reported revenue for fiscal year 2021 was in excess of $1 billion USD. John Crane is part of Smiths Group, a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.