Position – Engineer – Projects (Bangalore)
Company – John Crane
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering competitive Project specific techno-commercial bids and clean handover for execution in collaboration with stakeholders, that primarily include, front end Sales teams, Global Engineering, Order Engineering, Global operations etc
Duties & Responsibilities
- Co-ordinate with Project Application and Global Engineering teams to obtain sign off for non-standard or special applications as necessary
- Manage techno-commercial scope for Seal Support systems (Auxiliary Systems) internally through Fluid Control teams
- Conduct and Participate in Customer review meetings (EPC, OEM etc), including project kick-off meeting
- Provide investment case analysis and margin summary to Global Project Sales Managers from time to time
(Post order phase)
- Contract review and Order acknowledgement against purchase orders
- Release clear techno-commercial order handover to Engineering and Global operations
- Ensure efficient support on techno-commercial queries or conflicts arising through Project Delivery office during execution phase, where necessary.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- BE in Engineering (Mechanical/Chemical/Industrial Production)
Professional and specialist skills
- Good application knowledge of selection, sizing and Engineering of mechanical seal and Seal support systems or similar products
- Hands on experience in maintaining rotating equipment or their auxiliary system will be added advantage
- Working knowledge in review and interpretation of project specification from OEM, EPC and End user will be added advantage
- Working Knowledge of API 682 & API 610 is preferred
- Must be a quick learner with good technical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player with excellent Collaboration & Influencing skills
- Ability to manage Time under conflicting priorities
- Customer service and results oriented
- Good functional experience and skills with MS Office tools like Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint etc.
- Typical Industrial background: Typically, 3 to 5 years of experience in various Process industries including Oil and Gas, Chemical, Petroleum, Petrochemical industries etc., or in industries supplying equipment like Pumps, Compressors, Seals or associated auxiliary equipment’s to such process industries
- Typical Functional Experience: Experience in Selection, sizing, Bidding of Engineered to order products such as Mechanical Seals, Seal Support Systems or similar
- Good hands on experience in design, installation or maintenance of products like Mechanical seal or Seal support systems will be an added advantage
- Working experience in International environment and knowledge of foreign cultures will be advantageous
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers’ evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About John Crane
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD (£830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.