Position – R&D Engineer (I-D)
Company – Hitachi ABB Power Grids
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works, and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders. Power Grids is a leader in high-voltage technology, offering a wide range of high-voltage products up to 1,200-kilovolt (kV). We help to enhance the safety, reliability and efficiency of power networks while minimizing environmental impact. Our technology leadership continues to facilitate innovations in areas such as ultra-high-voltage power transmission, enabling smart grids and enhancing eco-efficiency. R&D Engineer will be member of the High Voltage Technology Center team, responsible for Global Product Support of HV product, assuming responsibility for the product data which is maintained globally after a hand-over by development projects.
- Maintaining and update product data provided by the Technology function for all products in the portfolio, such as drawings, design bills-of material, technical instructions and other data as relevant.
- Leading in providing technical support during setup of new production lines, as well as during introduction of new products into existing production lines and supports the Production Process Release after serial production capability has been proven.
- Responsible for providing support for RCA, production part approval process; auditing of manufacturing facilities.
- Driving activities across global product group e.g. HVPLM strategy implementation, product quality improvement, etc.
- Involved in continuous improvement of technical provision; assembly instructions and relevant global standard (IEC; IEEE; EN; ISO; ANSI).
- To facilitating and collaborating information flow across various products / platforms within and among the GPGs;
- Responsible in product calculations related to seismic; fatigue; life assessment; stresses; leak rates; tolerance chain etc.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s / Master’s in Mechanical or Metallurgy.
- Minimum of 3 to maximum of 6 years of experience in related field. Understanding of Circuit Breakers preferred.
- Experience in understanding as well as creating and maintaining technical documentation including drawings based on ProE, Creo or other 3D environment with understanding of life cycle management.
- Experience of manufacturing processes; material understanding (metals; rubbers; insulators); global standards like EN; ISO; IEC and GD&T.
- Capability of creating design and manufacturable concepts; supporting in analysis of failure and production issues.
- Good knowledge of English language allowing to communicate in international environment easily.
- Analytical and technical thinking, ability to solve problems.
- Communicative and able to work in a team.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”}