Position – Design Automation Engineer
Location – Pune, Maharashtra
Utilizes technology to improve, streamline, and automate the design process. Responsible for planning, implementation, and monitoring of such technology. Collaborates with Senior Application Engineer to develop Application, User Interface, supporting Database tables, and integrations. The objective is to streamline the design process and make it as efficient as possible while still maintaining product quality and adhering to internal standards and external regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Development of automation software (C#, VB, VB.Net) to drive Solid Edge with a focus to automate the configurable standard designs.
- Ability to work with databases (Oracle, SQL Server, and XML)
- Assist in the development of CAD Modeling and Drafting Standards to be used for all modeling, drafting, and automation thereof
- Work with engineering, drafting, and operations to ensure we are incorporating DFM/DFA into our models and drawings
- Continuously improve design automation to improve productivity and accuracy as directed
- Automation of other engineering-related tools and outputs (Ex. Spreadsheets/calculations, parts lists, BOM generation, etc.)
- Develop system procedures to assure that the department’s work is of consistently high quality and adheres to industrial and Company standards
- Provide technical training to associates as required
- Document all technical procedures and user guides
- Other projects as assigned
- Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- Good spoken and written English
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work in a shift as required
- Passionate about programming
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Software Engineering preferred, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent)
- Solid understanding of computer programming and software development and 2+ years of experience working with CAD.
- Creative thinking skills
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and decision-making ability
- Ability to communicate effectively and accurately
- ERP, MS Word, Outlook, and MS Excel experience is preferred