Position – Design Automation Engineer
Company – John Crane
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Utilizes technology to improve, streamline and automate design process. Responsible for planning, implementation, and monitoring of such technology. Collaborates with Senior Application Engineer to develop Application, User Interface, supporting Database tables and integrations. The objective is to streamline the design process and make it as efficient as possible while still maintaining product quality and adhering to internal standards and external regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Development of automation software (C#, VB, VB.Net) to drive Solid Edge with focus to automate the configurable standard designs.
- Ability to work with databases (Oracle, SQL Server and XML)
- Assist in the development of CAD Modeling and Drafting Standards to be used for all modeling, drafting and automation thereof
- Work with engineering, drafting and operations to ensure we are incorporating DFM/DFA into our models and drawings
- Continuously improve design automation to improve productivity and accuracy as directed
- Automation of other engineering related tools and outputs (Ex. Spreadsheets/calculations, parts lists, BOM generation, etc.)
- Develop system procedures to assure that the department’s work is of consistent high quality and adheres to industrial and Company standards
- Provide technical training to associates as required
- Document all technical procedures and user guides
- Other projects as assigned
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- Good spoken and written English
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
- Ability to work in shift as required
- Passionate about programming
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Software Engineering preferred, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent)
- Solid understanding of computer programming and software development
- 2+ years experience working with CAD.
- Creative thinking skills
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and decision making ability
- Ability to communicate effectively and accurately
- ERP, MS Word, Outlook and MS Excel experience is preferred
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers’ evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About John Crane
John Crane is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products, including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, filtration systems and digital diagnostics technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Global reported revenue for fiscal year 2021 was in excess of $1 billion USD. John Crane is part of Smiths Group, a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.