Position – Project Delivery Engineer
Company – John Crane
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Assist in the delivery of customer requirements in terms of Quality, Schedule and Cost for large strategic projects through coordination of activities between various internal and external project stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the John Crane project management methods, standards and processes are utilized and maintained throughout the project lifecycle.
- Responsible for overall project schedule management, ensuring its quality and accuracy.
- Develop schedule for all work phases in project lifecycle and ensure implementation of the agreed WBS structure to maintain control.
- Coordinate, monitor and report on all internal (Manufacturing, Engineering, Procurement) and external (Suppliers, Customers) schedules.
- Highlight critical path activities and other constraints.
- Analyze progress to detect deviations and escalate issues and potential problem areas.
- Prepare contingency and mitigation plans and associated schedules as necessary.
- Responsible for overall project documentation management and control throughout the project lifecycle.
- Review and understand complex client specifications, including data and documentation requirements.
- Create and maintain Master Document Register (MDR) in accordance with John Crane and client requirements.
- Control and record all documentation transmittals in accordance with project specifications using appropriate tools and processes.
- Review all issued documents/drawings for quality and completeness against John Crane and customer specifications and requirements
- Monitor document/drawing approval cycle and ensure approvals as per the project schedule
- Review all returned documents/drawings to understand customer comments and concerns and create Comment Resolution Sheets (CRS) as required.
- Oversee and facilitate resolution of customer comments (CRS) or issues by acting as the primary interface between engineering and the customer or local John Crane sales entity.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- Degree educated in a technical discipline. Mechanical, or Chemical or Industrial Production Engineering preferred.
- 2 – 3 years’ relevant engineering experience. Preferably in Oil & Gas / Petrochemical, EPC, OEM, or other project-driven environment.
- Knowledge in the field of API plans for pump seal system or Lube oil Consoles or Oil Lubricating Systems for applications in Oil & Gas, Chemical, Petrochemical, Power, Steel, Chemical industries would be an added advantage
- Strong knowledge and experience reviewing and understanding complex project / equipment specifications.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft suite of products including MS Project. Preferred experience with Project Lifecycle Management tools (e.g., Teamcenter).
- Strong communication and English proficiency, both written and oral.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and finding/applying available data to solve business problems.
- Ability to manage multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Extremely high level of organizational skills
- Works with key internal and external project stakeholders in all regions and countries, including Central Projects Group, Operations, Sales, engineering, Customers (OEMs, EPCs, etc.) and others
- Strong working relationship with global project delivery managers.
- Willingness and ability to take direction from others, even if not a direct reporting relationship.
- Willingness and ability to use influencing and collaboration skills to direct others, even if not a direct reporting relationship.
- Support safe workplace cultures and compliance with Smiths EH&S
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers’ evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About John Crane
John Crane is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products, including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, filtration systems and digital diagnostics technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Global reported revenue for fiscal year 2021 was in excess of $1 billion USD. John Crane is part of Smiths Group, a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.