Position – GET
Company – Ingersoll Rand
Location – Ahmedabad, Gujarat, IN
Ingersoll Rand is committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are a globally diversified industrial firm providing products, services and solutions to enhance the quality and comfort in homes and buildings, transport and protect food and perishables, and enhance industrial productivity and efficiency. Ingersoll-Rand (India) Limited has around 1400 employees based out of 15 locations in the country.
Our success at Ingersoll Rand is enabled by the commitment and dedication of our 16000 employees globally. With our focus on a progressive, diverse and inclusive culture, growth through innovation, emerging markets and services and operational excellence, we are a company that achieves real progress for our customers around the world. To achieve this progress, we rely on our Vision, Purpose, Values, Competencies and Brand Promise – the principles that unify us in our cause, inspire us in our work and guide us as a cohesive global team.
Our product portfolio consists of Industrial products such as compressors, tools, material handling and pumps
This role for fresh engineering graduates is to assist routine engineering and design operations of the Engineering Technology centre to support our diverse Product lines and global engineering teams
- Commodity Market Intelligence, Supplier assessment, and qualification through the procurement process for different category segments of parts.
- Understanding of basic manufacturing processes Like mechanical, electro-mechanical, Electronics, etc
- Understanding of basic costing knowledge for different manufacturing processes – Should cost
- Negotiation, and support of vendor contracts, service level agreements, and performance measurement programs related to materials/assembly acquisition;
- Develop business relationships with suppliers that enable long-term optimized support of company requirements to reduce cost and improve service;
- Identify and drive proactive cost reduction opportunities and deliver them successfully
- Provide direct input and utilization of respective data in the ERP system, to drive the appropriate system knowledge, procurement work performance results, and meet planning demands of the business;
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve methodologies and their application to assigned business processes while maintaining the long-term sustainability of these processes. OSA/ SPA / LTA etc
- Able to read and interpret the drawing and specifictaions
- New product development process
- Cross-functional & global team collaboration
- Understanding of Product life cycle management
- Strong in Mechanical Engg. fundamentals, design calculations
- Communication skills
- Good time management ability
- Team player
- Adaptive & eager to learn
- Analytical mindset and agility of thought and execution
- Fresh Engineering Graduate (BE/BTech) preferably in Mechanical / Mechatronics Engineering
- GATE 2021 / 2022 qualification is an advantage
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite; basic coding skills (optional)
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal, and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employees, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions, and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies, and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand.
Ingersoll Rand Inc. (NYSE:IR), driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and ownership mindset, is dedicated to helping make life better for our employees, customers and communities. Customers lean on us for our technology-driven excellence in mission-critical flow creation and industrial solutions across 40+ respected brands where our products and services excel in the most complex and harsh conditions. Our employees develop customers for life through their daily commitment to expertise, productivity and efficiency.