Position – Application Engineer – Pune – West
Company – SKF
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Requisition ID: 18448
Category: Sales & Customer Service
Career level: Specialist
Contract type: Permanent
Purpose of the role:
To be responsible for managing technical relations with Customers (OE/EU) or Distributors.
- Contribute to opportunity generation and create customized value-added solutions.
- To contribute substantially to the development and implementation of customized solutions and other unique offerings
- To develop analytical methods, interpret and verify results from application engineering software to create value for customers
- To perform Application Reviews on complex machines and equipment
- To create application engineering proposals and customized solutions according to customer requirements and present to customers concisely the application concept, design, and technical specifications.
- Monitor competitor activities with respect to products and technical development and define SKF action plans to counter those.
- Work on customer key pain areas and develop solutions that can improve performance and result in business for SKF.
- To evaluate technical requirements and common trends in the market and provide feedback to SKF Product/ Application Competence Centers to steer new product/service design and development.
- To demonstrate, develop, and transfer advanced engineering knowledge and expertise, on a high level, according to requirements in my own field of work.
- To identify and develop customer needs, providing a high level of creativity (develop Application Specific/ Services Offering based on product performance capabilities).
- To represent SKF and market products and services to customers and institutions through visits, presentations, seminars, and fairs.
- To develop and perform Root Cause Analysis of bearing-related problems, also in new types of applications.
- To develop and execute internal and external training, act as a trainer, and develop training material
- Ensure that the technical details of customer’s requirements, needs, and pain areas are identified, compiled, recorded, and analyzed.
- Obtain customer product approvals in line with application proposals, product drawings, samples submitted, and completed sample tests.
- Monitor customer approval tests conducted on prototypes/initial samples at customer’s premises/installations.
- Manage the portfolio of customer/technology-related product development programs for optimal profit
- Maintain close relationship with customer’s engineering management. Represent the voice of customers during Design FMEA & Process FMEA.
- No New Solutions (New Market Offer / Engineered to Order/Application specific Offer ) introduced in the Segment
- No Industry visibility activities done – conduct technical forums/ seminars with customers.
- There is no internal training for the SKF customer
- Documented solutions for the customer.
- Failure’s modes of application and probable solutions.
- Mechanical Engineering Domain Knowledge- relevant work experience in Design/Application Engineering/Maintenance
- Experience in handling or working with OE/ End users.
- Result-driven and passionate to win
- Think and act decisively, and with clarity.
- Collaboration and Managing Internal and External Stakeholders.
- BE/B-Tech – Mechanical
- 3 – 7 years of total experience
- Location: Pune
SKF’s mission is to be the undisputed leader in the bearing business. SKF offers solutions around the rotating shaft, including bearings, seals, lubrication management, condition monitoring, and maintenance services. SKF is represented in more than 130 countries and has around 17,000 distributor locations worldwide. Annual sales in SEK is around 75 billion and the number of employees is 41,000.