Position – Engineer II
Company – Hubbell Incorporated
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting, and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the Industrial Revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten, and Empower the communities that support us.
BURNDY Technology and Global Business Services Private Limited (HUBBELL INDIA) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hubbell Inc. Hubbell India provides Engineering Services, Business Solutions, and IT Services. Hubbell Engineering located in Ascendas, ITPL, Chennai, is engaged in the business of computer-aided design and engineering services. The Hubbell Business Solutions functions at Infopark Kochi and provides superior business intelligence, knowledge services, and business process solutions across Hubbell divisions and Corporate. IT Services team is spread across Chennai and Kochi.
Hubbell Electrical Products LLP located in Chennai is poised to assist with part and product manufacturing for all Hubbell Business units
Burndy Technology & Global Business Services Pvt Ltd
13th Floor, Zenith (Phase 3)
International Tech Park ,CSIR Road
Taramani, Chennai ,Tamil Nadu -600113
We are looking forward to “Costing Engineer” based in Chennai, India. The position requires a highly energetic, result-driven, self-motivated, and proactive individual with sound knowledge of product costing. The candidate should also possess strong Leadership, interpersonal, presentation, communication, conflict resolution, and stakeholder relationship management skills. Other core competency requirements are Customer focus, Strategic thinking, Functional Excellence, Integrity and ethics, and Professional Maturity.
Overall candidate should have around 2 to 5 years of experience in Mechanical product costing. Knowledge of electromechanical products. Need to collaborate and work with the US product engineering team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledge of Manufacturing processes and techniques (Plastics, Casting, machining, Sheetmetal, Extrusion & Forging)
- Need to do costing for casting, machining, forging, sheet metal, and plastic components.
- Need to do costing for plating, heat treatment, powder coating, and welding process.
- Good Knowledge of geographics costing (USA / China / India / Mexico)
- Need to interact with the Sourcing team / CFT teams to get a quote for standard components.
- Should have Knowledge of VE/VA & teardown analysis.
- Good communication skills & Interact with US Customers to understand the requirements.
- Understand 3D models/drawings and Geometric dimensions and Tolerance.
- Adhere to Quality assurance & ONTIME delivery
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 2 to 5 years. Good Knowledge in casting, sheet metal, plastics, Machining, extrusion, and product assembly costing.
- DFMA or aPriori – Costing Software
- Any CAD package. Preferably Inventor