Position – Systems Engineer II
Company – Honeywell
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
- Develop thermodynamic model of aircraft Propulsion Engine / Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) for predicting starting, steady state and transient performance
- Provide performance and operability analysis support for engines and APU during different stages of product development.
- Support performance and operability testing by defining test procedure, analyzing test results, conducting reviews and writing reports.
- Support production pass off testing, data reduction and analysis, trend monitoring, diagnostics assessment and test cell correlation.
- Develop tools and methodologies that automate repetitive system modeling analysis tasks and bring productivity benefits.
- Write and publish engineering reports detailing the models developed and analysis performed.
- Should possess a Masters/Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Automotive/Aerospace engineering discipline with 2-5 years of experience.
- Knowledge of thermodynamics, gas turbine performance and 1D modeling & simulation of dynamic systems.
- Knowledge of operation of aircraft propulsion Engine/APU
- Knowledge of sub-idle and above idle performance modeling of gas turbines
- Knowledge of gas turbine performance matching, compressor/ combustor stability analysis, aircraft installation effects and mission analysis,
- Experience on using any Proprietary/Commercial gas turbine performance simulation software
- Strong demonstrated skills in MATLAB/Simulink. specifically MATLAB coding and Simulink modeling expertise.
- System thinking and ability to view a problem from a system’s perspective.
- Familiarity with 6-Sigma and Lean Product development tools and procedures
- Experience with configuration management tools such as SVN / Clear case.
- Strong English communications skills (Oral & Written)
- JOB ID: HRD124736
- Category: Engineering
- Location: HW Camp II,Bldgs 9A&9B,Plot C2,RMZ Ecoworld,Varturhobli,Sarjapur Marathahalli Outer Ring Road,Bangalore,KARNATAKA,560103,India
- Relocation Tier:
- Band: 03
- Referral Bonus: 15000
- Requisition Type: Standard Requisition
- US Citizenship:
- FLSA Statement:
- FLSA CODE: Exempt
Working at Honeywell?
Our commitment to Integrity and Ethics, Supporting Diversity and Workplace Respect underlie everything we do. Building on these core values, these behaviors reinforce our performance culture.
Have a Passion for Winning
Understand and beat the competition. Never give up in the face of resistance and setbacks. Have fearless accountability for getting results. Be consumed with making things better and have an insatiable curiosity for learning.
Be a Zealot for Growth
Solve problems and see the world through the customer’s eyes. Promote confidence and trust. Aggressively focus on new opportunities and obsess over growth. Understand what creates value for customers. Promote a customer- centric organization that has a deep understanding of the needs of our customers.
Think Big … Then Make It Happen
Dream of the possibilities instead of limitations. Be willing to re-examine almost anything. Innovate with agility, iterate, test, try, take risks. Translate the best ideas into realistic, pragmatic, executable plans.
Act with Urgency
Act quickly when faced with ambiguity. Get the facts that you can, think, and then move with lightning speed. Use speed as a differentiator. Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today.
Take bold action on what you believe is right. Confront problems directly and face adversity head on. Be comfortable being unpopular when required and press on. Take on seemingly impossible goals and work out of your comfort zone.
Become Your Best
Seek and accept feedback wherever you can get it, decide what to change, and go for it. Be authentic, be curious, and be confident and humble. Be aware of your own biases and work to overcome them. Read others’ reactions, and adjust as you go. Bounce back from disappointments.
Be an evangelist for the company, take responsibility even if others don’t, act like you own this place. Be a unifier and build momentum. Speak up and let your opinion be heard, then get behind the decision. Create a positive, vibrant environment where people can do their best work. Care deeply about the organization. Lead by example and work hard.
Build Exceptional Talent
Spend time finding excellent talent and coaching others. Network relentlessly and help recruit the very best. Set higher expectations for yourself and others as motivation to continuously learn and grow. Be inclusive and ensure all contributions are valued. Create a positive, vibrant environment where people can do their best work. Give and receive constructive and candid feedback to others around you with the intent of making everyone better.
Employer Value Proposition
Honeywell offers employees the opportunity to work on the world’s most exciting projects, transforming the cities we live in, the buildings where we work, and the vehicles that move us.