Position – Junior Engineer
Company – GE Aviation
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Job Description Summary
As part of the GE India Multi-modal Loco team, the Junior Engineer (Assembly) – TMA Loco, is responsible for Assembly of motor and alternator. He/She Shall also be responsible for Safety, process tryouts and developments, continual improvement projects, Kaizen, 5S, LEAN principles. Shall be responsible to perform the job per set standards and procedures and to implement the QMS procedures, policies.
- Knowledge of industry safety practices.
- Ability to read blueprints and recognize drawing and specifications & follow all instructions as per SOP.
- Ability to use variety of machines tools and equipment.
- Hands on experience on the process like balancing, Pinion assembly, Motor & alternator Assembly.
- He/she should understand about Bluing matching, hot and cold advance, shrink fit assemblies.
- Responsible for Self-inspection of parts as per the drawing/standard requirements.
- Responsible for production as per production plan.
- Ability to learn and use various digital tools.
- Must comply to all EHS requirements, and understanding of EHS documents like SRA, Heatmap, SOD & actively support EHS programs in the plant.
- Responsible to train Apprentice on the processes.
- Responsible to work as per the standard work define and deliver the output.
- Should have understanding about rotating machines and equipment’s.
- Maintaining healthy working atmosphere by 5S tools.
- Preferred Welding skills.
- Highest Levels of Personal Integrity and Safety Mindset.
- First Class Diploma in Mechanical.
- 2 to 3 Years of Experience in Rotary engineering industry like motor, generator, alternator – with first-hand experience of Mechanical Assembly
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
- Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions.
- Strong organizational skills, MS office skills.
- Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with good oral and written communication skills (English, Hindi, Marathi).
- Team Player- should be able to adopt HPT culture.
- Knowledge of 5S, Lean and Six Sigma Methodology.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
About The Company
GE (NYSE:GE) rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers. www.ge.com
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We Build It
At GE Aviation, we invent the future of flight, lift people up, and bring them home safely. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GE9X engines, driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, or unlocking new opportunities to grow and deliver more productivity, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to moving the aerospace industry forward. If you join us, you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us looking ahead.