Position – Advanced Mech Design Engineer
Company – Honeywell
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
As an Advanced Mechanical Design Engineer at Honeywell, you will be part of a team that creates new and innovative solutions for mechanical projects. You will design products that meet customer needs, product quality, manufacturability, new product development, prototype builds, and testing, and may serve as a project manager for smaller development projects. You will also help improve techniques, procedures, and products, and technologies by finding cost-effective means. You will be responsible for Stress Analysis, Cost Estimation, CAD-based modeling, Engineering Analysis, Value Engineering, Design Engineering, Product certification, Product presentation, Stress modeling, and Customer acceptance.
To qualify for this role, you must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering. Additionally, we value candidates with industrial design talent, the ability to work independently, willingness to learn new technologies, a Mechanical Engineering degree, eagerness to get involved in hands-on work, creativity, some experience developing products or sustaining existing products, some experience in a highly regulated and safety-critical domain, Good knowledge of the mechanical industry.
This role will be based in Bangalore, India, at the Honeywell office located at HW Camp II, Bldgs 9A&9B, Plot C2, RMZ Ecoworld, Varturhobli, Sarjapur Marathahalli Outer Ring Road, Bangalore, KARNATAKA, 560103.
- Job duties may also include working closely with other departments such as manufacturing, quality, and supply chain to ensure that product designs meet all relevant requirements and standards.
- The role may also involve participating in design reviews and providing technical guidance to team members.
- This is a full-time, exempt position that will require flexibility to work extra hours as needed to meet project deadlines and goals.
- The position may also require some domestic and international travel.
- Candidates should have a strong background in mechanical engineering principles, materials science, and fabrication techniques.
- The ideal candidate should also have experience with 3D CAD software (such as SolidWorks or Creo) and simulation tools (such as Ansys or Abaqus)
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex issues are also important for this role.
- Successful candidates will be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, be able to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Experience working in a product development, design, or engineering team is required.
- Candidates should have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to present technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.