Position – R&D Associate Engineer
Company – ABB
Location – Hyderabad, Telangana, IN
ABB is a global company that is driving the transformation of society and industry to create a more productive, sustainable future. We are currently hiring an R&D Associate Engineer to join our team in Hyderabad, India. As an R&D Associate Engineer, you will be reporting to the Engineering Manager for the Electrification business area, Smart Power division. You will be responsible for working on business priority projects of defined scope, using your skills and knowledge to solve problems of moderate to high complexity, and ensuring that the requirements are met.
- Displaying good technical proficiency in your area of expertise, and working as a dependable team member for R&D projects
- Handling a variety of technology and engineering assignments, recognizing problems, and providing solutions
- Interacting with internal and external stakeholders to make sure the requirements are met
- Communicating the status and problems to project leaders and management
- Documenting technical design details and test results
- Participating in program reviews, and preparing invention disclosures as needed
- Adhering to ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your actions and caring for your colleagues and the business
To qualify for this role, you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in R&D teams, with exposure to product design and development, quality, value engineering, and part costing
- Experience in the design and development of LV Circuit Breakers and Switchgear will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in CAD Tools like Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, etc., and simulation tools like ANSYS, etc.
- Strong motivation, a collaborative, solutions-oriented approach, and excellent communication skills
ABB Smart Power is a global technology leader that creates products and solutions that make power supplies smart, connected, and protected. Our goal is to improve the energy efficiency, productivity, and reliability of almost any operation. If you want to discover more about ABB, please visit our website www.abb.com.
ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for the recruitment process, also all our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply. and does not ask for any payments for job opportunities, for more information please refer to our recruitment fraud caution notice https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning and apply on our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers
This job role is based on-site.