Position – Simulation Engineer –1D Simulation | MS/ENF2 | 2023
Company – Bosch Group
Exp. – 3 to 4 years
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Robert Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions Private Limited is a 100% owned subsidiary of Robert Bosch GmbH, one of the world’s leading global suppliers of technology and services, offering end-to-end Engineering, IT, and Business Solutions. With over 19,500 associates, it’s the largest software development center of Bosch, outside Germany, indicating that it is the Technology Powerhouse of Bosch in India with a global footprint and presence in the US, Europe, and the Asia Pacific region.
We are looking for an experienced Simulation Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in hydraulic systems, with added advantage if having knowledge on Chassis Control systems (ABS, ESP). This role involves designing and developing 1D Hydraulic Systems and Components models, simulating a variety of profiles and sensitivity analyses for the braking system.
- Developing 1D simulation models/submodels in AMESim, interpreting results and validating them with testbench results
- Interacting with system experts and understanding their requirements
- Interacting with CFD engineers and understanding CFD results
- Actively identifying technical risks within projects, communicating effectively with customers, and driving their resolution
- Preparation of detailed technical presentations for project engineering review
- Developing scripts and macros to manage and improve simulation tasks (Python/Matlab)
- Strong analytical skills & logical thinking
- Proactive, quick learning, and capable of handling multiple tasks independently
To qualify for this role, you should have:
- B.E./B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering /M-tech in Automotive engineering
- Hands-on experience in AMESim (1D simulation tool) is a must and Matlab/Simulink an asset
- Working knowledge of Hydraulic Systems, preferably braking systems
- 3-4 years of experience in 1D simulations, with in-depth knowledge of basic hydraulic systems
- Good communication skills for presenting and documenting work
The role requires strong analytical skills and logical thinking. It also requires proactive attitude, quick learning capabilities and the ability to handle multiple tasks independently.