Position – Mechanical Designer (Transformer)
Company – Hitachi Energy
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Our mission at Hitachi Energy is to advance a sustainable energy future for all. We provide electricity to our homes, schools, hospitals, and factories. Join us and learn and improve yourself while working on initiatives that have a genuine influence on our communities and society. Bring your passion and energy, and be a part of a worldwide team that values a simple truth: Great Innovation = Diversity + Collaboration
Understanding design requirements and delivering product design and engineering on schedule in accordance with customer specifications and KPIs
- After receiving the project, understand the customer requirements and generate order-bound drawings and papers, designing in accordance with the customer specifications.
- Compile appropriate paperwork for the initiatives that have been identified. In conjunction with the Manager, identify and address deviations/issues in project papers.
- Ensure that design specifications and general needs are delivered on time in the ERP system. Understanding Customer Specifications, Preparation, and Checking of Layout and Customer Drawings (Internal layout, Cleats, and leads, Outside General Arrangement / List of Fittings / Foundation Details, fabrication drawings, etc.) prepared in consultation with the Customer with Design Finalization
- 3D modeling of a transformer with all fittings and accessories in Pro-E Wildfire. Visit the customer’s location/site for design approval and clarification.
- Transformer designs are optimized depending on tender obligations and technological needs. Preparation of manufacturing drawings in accordance with cable wiring, gasket hardware list, and SAP entries within the time frame requested.
- Manufacturing instructions, standard drawings, and specifications are being prepared.
- Erection, commissioning, and other site-related problems are coordinated with the Service Cell. Knowledge of Indian and International Standards and Codes – DIN, ASME for Ferrous and Non-Ferrous Material Specification, Welding & Brazing Qualifications, and Non-Destructive Testing.
- BE/ME – Electrical/Mechanical with 2 – 12 years of industry experience in power transformer and shunt reactor electrical design (preferably 400kV and 765kV product range).
- Should be familiar with and have experience with 2-D and 3-D CAD software products such as Creo/MagNet or comparable.
- Having worked on optimization projects involving tank steel weight, oil volume, and insulation materials.
More about the Company
Hitachi Energy is a worldwide technology leader working to create a more sustainable energy future for all. We provide innovative solutions and services across the value chain to customers in the utility, industry, and infrastructure sectors. We pioneer solutions and allow the digital transformation required to speed the energy transition to a carbon-neutral future in collaboration with customers and partners. We are working to make the world’s energy system more sustainable, adaptable, and secure, while also balancing social, environmental, and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a track record of success and an unrivaled installed base in over 140 countries. With headquarters in Switzerland, we employ over 40,000 people in 90 countries and produce annual revenue of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com