Position – Senior Engineer – Throughput Simulations
Company – General Motors
Location – Bangalore Urban, Karnataka, IN
Job Title: Throughput Simulations Engineer
Department: Manufacturing Engineering Integration: GMTCI
General Purpose of Position:
- Execute Throughput Simulation Study Analyses and provide solutions to reduce cost and complexity for product programs in Global regions.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Create Discrete Event Simulation Models for Automotive Manufacturing Facilities.
- Plant Simulation and C-Draw simulation software are used to conceptualize, build, simulate, and optimize process models.
- To obtain better relationships and process improvement, understand process flows, analyze data, and effectively depict in the simulation model.
- Lead and organize team efforts in simulation and planning to produce the best solutions for the proposed concept or present process.
- Bottleneck analysis, throughput analysis, logistics optimization, data analysis, cost-benefit analysis, and optimizing resource use are all examples of bottleneck analysis.
- Provide leadership with outcomes and cooperation between internal departments and Plants across different sites.
- Create design solutions that deliver the optimal process flow and increase facility throughput.
- Inspect facilities in compliance with company policies and procedures.
Skills / Requirements:
- Understanding of throughput simulation software features (Plant Simulation, CDRAW, FactoryCAD/FLOW, FlowPlanner, etc.). Microsoft Visio, AutoCAD
- Capability to code simulation model logic
- Experience on the shop floor in the automotive industry is preferred.
- Understanding of throughput behaviors and production systems.
- Discrete Event Simulation Experience
- Understanding of the Lean Manufacturing Strategy, such as the theory of constraints.
- Analytical aptitude and problem-solving techniques are required to solve unusual and/or complex challenges.
- Understanding of the principles of lean manufacturing, layout design, and material flow and layouts
- Understanding of the vehicle assembly production process and documentation
- Flexibility is required to work on different IE functions as needed by the business (Ergonomics, Layout, Manufacturing Process Documentation) or for work rebalancing.
- Must be able to work with multicultural teams.
- Excellent research ability using a variety of information and data sources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as meeting facilitation abilities
- adaptability to changes, changing roles, or situations
- Due to worldwide business requirements, working hours must be flexible.
- Ready to Travel
- Extensive hours are required as part of the profession.
- 2-5 Years of Experience in Automotive Plant Throughput Simulation Analysis
- Working understanding of Industrial Engineering, including Global Manufacturing Systems, Bill of Process (BoP), Bill of Equipments (BoE), and Vehicle Assembly Processes (Body / Paint / GA) in an automotive factory.
- Knowledge of office software, Power BI, and VBA Macro
Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Production, Automobile).
Think Customer, Innovate now, One team, Be bold, Its on Me, Win with integrity, Look ahead, Be Inclusive
Our objective is to live in a future with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions, and Zero Congestion, and we accept the responsibility of leading the change that will make our world better, safer, and more equal for all.
We want to be the most inclusive corporation on the planet. We think that every day, we must make a decision – individually and collectively – to generate genuine change via our words, deeds, and culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy builds on our foundation of inclusivity by allowing employees to work where they can have the biggest influence on achieving our goals, depending on position requirements. Every day, we want every employee, regardless of origin, ethnicity, preferences, or geography, to feel like they are part of the same General Motors team.
General Motors is committed to creating a workplace that not only is free of discrimination but also actively promotes inclusion and belonging. We firmly think that workforce diversity fosters an environment in which our employees may thrive and better goods for our customers can be developed. We recognize and value the various ways in which people gain experience, whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer endeavors.
We invite interested individuals to evaluate the primary tasks and qualifications for each post and apply for any roles that fit their talents and competencies.