Position – Manufacturing Engineer
Company – GE Aviation (part of GE Corporate)
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Job Description Summary
In this role, you will take care of manufacturing processes for loco product lines.
Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for establishing, optimizing & improving the processes to support the production of complex commercial Locomotives
- The Manufacturing Engineer is in charge of ensuring that products and processes fulfill defined quality standards and customer expectations.
- Improve the procedure in collaboration with the CFT team.
- Interact effectively with vendors and other functions to ensure that the technical and EHS perspective is adequately delivered.
- On the whole implementation of Lean principles and technologies for the area.
- Identify P&E, specify investment and expense requirements, and drive from approval preparation through completion.
- Convert engineering BOM to manufacturing BOM, including item master generation and routing definition in Oracle.
- Create and document the production process with a Manufacturing Process Plan.
- Create the fixtures and tooling required for manufacturing.
- Create assembly process instructions/routings by focusing on the standardization of manufacturing processes.
- Assistance with equipment layout plans, facility modifications, and equipment installation and acceptance inspections.
- Facilitate operator training and collaborate with suppliers to plan customized equipment training.
- Qualification of new welding personnel in accordance with Welding Procedure Specifications.
- Participate in internal and external audits, including direct customer interaction.
- To verify process compliance, establish and improve manufacturing processes, identify deviations, and take remedial actions.
- To meet production numbers, aim for optimal facility usage. Should be able to maximize available resources and justify additional requirements.
- As needed, suggest and implement layout adjustments.
- Create the tools and material handling requirements needed to ensure productivity and safety.
- A bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, or an equivalent, is required.
- A minimum of three years of experience in manufacturing, quality, or mechanical engineering, including knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Understanding of the EN15085 welding standard and the following welding processes.
- Tungsten Arc Welding using Gas (GTAW)
- Welding with resistance
- Understanding of drawings/schematics/standards at a high level
- Knowledge of Lean, Oracle software, and Microsoft Office
- Strong EHS Experience
- Respectful, receptive, agile, and ready to learn
- Transparent: offers important information, speaks candidly, and contributes constructively.
- Focused: rapid learner, prioritizes work wisely, and dedicated
- Self-starter, results-oriented, analytical, and capable of multitasking
- Outstanding teamwork, coordination, and communication abilities
Relocation Assistance Provided: No