Position – Supplier Quality Specialist
Company – Hitachi ABB Power Grids
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
The Hitachi ABB Power Grids Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 900 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision, and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports Hitachi ABB Power Grid’s units in more than 25 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in the Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 60 countries.
- Supplier Qualification: Ensure the supplier qualification process is fully understood and utilized and the supply bases are, and remain, fully qualified and compliant. (Registration and Qualification in SAP Ariba). Assure Supplier Financial Risk Assessments are triggered, and Supplier Quality Certificates are maintained.
- Supplier & Contractor assessment (Virtual audit): Ensure supplier assessments (e.g. potential, scheduled, special) including assessment reporting and findings (major, minor, or opportunities for improvement) are scheduled, executed, and followed-up.
- Low Impact NC Issues Problem Solving and Reporting: Investigates problems, finds root causes, and recommends improvement and reporting and communication of low impact issues.
- Supplier performance monitoring: Monitor and report supplier performance (OTD/OQD), quality issues (NCs), and development actions (Audit Plan). Supports conformance to quality metrics.
- Supports dynamic panel management.
- Communication: Establishes clear and transparent communication between supplier and SCM team.
- Process and system utilization: Ensure full and appropriate utilization of tools according to global quality procedures. Ensure full utilization of local system for reporting, monitoring, and disposition of quality, on-time delivery (OTD), and compliance.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- 2 – 4 years in Supply Quality area in the field of Power project / Substation / EPC business/ Automotive.
- Good experience in using SAP tool .
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry, and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage, and data centers. With a proven track record, global footprint, and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental, and economic values, and is committed to powering well for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com
Important, please include in your CV the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”