Position – Design Engineer Driveline
Company – Rapid Global Business Solutions
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
TITLE: Design Engineer – Driveline
REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
Responsible for leading the design of driveline and related components for Off-Road Vehicles (ORV). Work closely with Systems Engineers to ensure designs meet, cost, schedule, and perform deliverables while also spending a portion of time conceiving next-generation designs to accelerate the process for future programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- CAD layout and design of industry-leading ORV driveline systems.
- Plunge and Angle driveline analysis (Polaris tool training required)
- Conduct Propshaft phasing analysis (Polaris tool training required)
- Assign appropriate GD&T and perform tolerance stack-up analysis
- Conduct system clearance studies to assure the design is within the standard part to part clearance criteria.
- Support development of new ORV driveline technologies under the supervision of Sr. Systems Engineer.
- Create and maintain component level driveline design guidelines and best practice documents.
- Work with System Team to define project assignments, goals, and system specifications.
- Network with and support CAD needs of driveline systems engineers to analyze manufacturing and field problems and recommend and implement solutions.
- Provide supporting information and details to driveline systems engineers for all relevant design reviews.
- Preliminary bolted joint analysis and sizing.
- Other duties as required. SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.E. / B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of design and development experience in an OEM environment preferred.
- Understanding and experience with driveline components including gears, specification of splines, shafts, bearings, transmission cases, and CVTs clutching preferred.
- Understanding and knowledge of driveline related component manufacturing processes including casting, forging, machining, hobbing, honing, shaping, grinding, molding, stamping, heat treating, plating, and powder metal preferred.
- 5+ years of related design experience using advanced CAD software (Creo, CATIA, NX)
- Experience with GD&T, dimensional stack-ups, and FMEA preferred.
- Creative, innovative, decisive, and prone to action with strong attention to detail.
- Experience with system specifications preferred.
- High level of people skills, able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
- Quality and customer-focused.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English required.
- Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint experience required.
- Fast-paced office environment.
- Flexible hours may be required to participate in meetings with a global team.
- International Travel to the United States may be required (less than 10%).