Position – Steel Engineer
Company – Hitachi ABB Power Grids
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a leader in high-voltage technology, offering a wide range of high-voltage products up to 1,200-kilovolt (kV). We help to enhance the safety, reliability and efficiency of power networks while minimizing environmental impact. Our technology leadership continues to facilitate innovations in areas such as ultra-high-voltage power transmission, enabling smart grids and enhancing eco-efficiency. You will have to understand the Steel Structure Engineering and Project requirement of PASS GIS High Voltage products & providing Engineering solutions/documentation for projects as per the project and customer requirement.
- Steel Engineering: Knowledge of preparation of Mechanical Steel Structure drawings of Substations, GIS Bus duct supports etc,
- Analysis of project / customer requirement, site condition and giving solutions for GIS Project Steel Engineering.
- Usage of mechanical analysis tools such as Tekla, StadPro, Ansys, and ProE to validate the design proposed.
- Responsible for preparation of project steel support drawings, Bill of Material, vendor interaction, site installation support based on customer requirements,
- Preference will be for Project expert Engineers experienced in GIS / AIS Steel
- Structure Engineering.
- Support for Localisation / Cost reduction:
- Material cost reduction by usage of locally available equivalent components by qualifying them for local usage.
- Provide technical assistance for localisation of identified component by SCM team in consultation with Manager
- Documentation: Releasing and maintaining the latest revised technical documentation / drawings in SAP as per the project requirement and communicating it to the concern vendor & cross functional team. , Knowledge of
- SAP is mandatory.
- Product Care: To take care of the product by maintaining various reports, proper communication & documentation by extending the support to vendor, cross functional team.
- Communication with customer: Providing technical assistance to Project manager in Drawing approvals, communicating and solving customer queries
- Imparting Trainings and knowledge sharing with internal and external customers on areas of specialisation.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A B.E. / B. Tech (Mechanical) with minimum 3 years of relevant experience.
- Proficient in ProE, AutoCAD software usage and Ansys, a must with drawing office practice.
- Should have knowledge of the relevant national and international (IEC, DIN, ISO) standards.
- Preparation of project documents based on customer requirements, preference will be for Project Engineers experienced in GIS / AIS Structure Engineering.
- Knowledge of SAP (MM Module).
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com Important, please include in your CV the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”