Spread the love
Position – Project Engineer – HVDC Valve Mechanical
Hitachi ABB Power Grids
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
- The Hitachi ABB Power Grids Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 900 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision, and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports Hitachi ABB Power Grid’s units in more than 25 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in the Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 60 countries.
- Creating the mechanical design of semiconductor-based solutions for AC and DC used in our HVDC transmissions.
- As part of your daily tasks, you will work with technically challenging products that span several technological areas – for example, heat transfer, electrical insulation, the strength of materials, and manufacturing technologies.
- You will be responsible for specifying testing and ensuring execution is according to current standards and customer specifications.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- At least 2 years of experience in Mechanical Design.
- Electro-Mechanical design experience from the electric power industry or design of high voltage products is valuable.
- Strong proficiency in 3D-CAD modeling is a must, ideally in an NX environment. It is preferable if you have good knowledge in Team Center and SAP as well.
- Preferably understanding applications of electrical power equipment in HV/EHV system.
- Knowledge of mechanical standards is preferable.
- We also expect that you have strong self-learning skills and strong collaborative capabilities and able to work in an international team.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, fluent English.
Spread the love