Position – Material Specialist
Company – Hitachi ABB Power Grids
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
The Hitachi ABB Power Grids Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 1400 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, functional system testing, installation supervision and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest engineering hub. The India Operations Centre is a key aspect of the Power Grids business Power Up transformation program. The INOPC team at Chennai supports Hitachi ABB Power Grid’s units in more than 40 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Power Grid business. To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 80 countries.
- As member of an R&D international team, you will be responsible for creation of new specifications for transformer’s standard Accessories and Components, map the local standard parts to global specification and validate parameter values.
- Maintain data quality of specification and standard of transformer Accessories and Components.
- Analyzing of part’s data and attributes, classify them as per global /local repository level.
- Supporting Engineering team and SCM, by proper selection of classification structure and attributes.
- Works closely with other core team members to maintain classification structures and creation of new standard parts/ Accessories and Components.
- Coordinate with stakeholders from engineering, procurement, SCM and supplier quality.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 4-5 Years of experience in Product Lifecycle Management.
- Strong knowledge of semi-finished /raw materials and standards (ISO, DIN, IS).
- Proven skills in Data management and Document Management.
- Good Team Work, Analytical & Communication skills.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com
Important, please include in your CV the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”