Position – R&D Project Manager
Company – Thermo Fisher Scientific
Location – Hyderabad, Telangana, IN
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Supports and works closely with Program Managers on delivery of low to medium level of complex projects with complete project ownership
- Identify risk and propose a preliminary mitigation idea
- Independently build and execute work breakdown structure (WBS) of projects
- Engage with project cross functional teams (CFT) for reviews to seek inputs under the guidance of Program & design managers
- Develop and manage project costing
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Perform risk assessments to develop response strategies.
- Critical Thinking, ability to comprehend the situation/ Problem, Escalate on time
- Handled Minimum 3~5, end to end Product development experience in the role of Ref Engineer
- Hands on experience on component level design/selection and system level design
- Firm understanding & hands on experience on working through the complete project life cycle management (PLM)
- Work effectively with the SME & CFT to develop design verification plans
- Coordinate effectively with the Labs to perform the testing & technical execution
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering with 8-10 years of experience
- PMP trained or certified.
- Masters in refrigeration or Thermal engineering
- 8 to 10 years of overall experience with minimum 6 years of relevant refrigeration experience working with household or commercial refrigeration units
- Expertise on design and validation of Vapor compression systems
- Basic Understanding of system and component level Agency requirements-for thermal subsystems, not limited to but comprising of UL, IEC standards
- Acquaintance to component level design simulation tools for components as heat exchangers, metering devices etc
- Acquaintance to system and component level reliability requirements on sealed system or heating components.
- Basic understanding of alternative refrigeration technologies (Thermoelectric, Absorption systems, Stirling engines etc.) would be an added advantage.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $30 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 80,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.