Position – Designer (Transformer)
Hitachi ABB Power Grids
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat
- Understanding the customer requirements after project receipt and prepare order bound drawings and documents, making designs in line with customer specification.
- Compiling relevant documents for the identified project. Identify and address deviations/issues in the project document in consultation with the Manager.
- Ensuring timely delivery of design specifications and generate requirement in the ERP system. Understanding Customer Specifications, Preparation & Checking of Layout & Customer Drawings (Internal layout, Cleats, and leads, Outside General Arrangement / List of Fittings / Foundation Details, fabrication drawings, etc.) made in discussion with Customer with Design Finalization.
- 3D Modeling of Transformer with complete fittings and accessories in Pro-E Wildfire
- Visit Customer’s place/Site for Design Approval & Clarifications.
- Optimizing transformer designs based on tender commitments & technology requirements.
- Preparation of manufacturing drawings following with cable wiring, gasket hardware list, and SAP entries within the specified time.
- Preparing Manufacturing instructions, standard drawings & specifications.
- Coordination with Service Cell for Erection, Commissioning & other Site-related Problems.
- Possessing knowledge of Indian and International Standards & Codes – DIN, ASME for Ferrous & Non-Ferrous Material Specification, Welding & Brazing Qualifications, Non-Destructive Testing.
- Participating in joint inspections under the guidance of the Manager as and when required by Manufacturing and Quality.
- Providing technical support to SCM for vendor development and evaluation.
- Participating in technical discussions with customers and address customer queries.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A B.E/B.Tech in Electrical / Mechanical.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in designing of Core Clamps, Cleats & Leads, and Tank & Externals (preferably 400kVand 765kV product range).
- Should have knowledge and exposure to 2-D and 3-D CAD software packages like AutoCAD, Creo, etc.
- Having experience working on optimization projects related to Tank steel weight, Oil volume, and Insulation materials.
- Experience in Microsoft office and tools.
- Good communication skills in the English Language in oral and written form.
- Ability to speak with and work together with the technical teams in different parts of the world.
- Demonstrated team-building skills, would be a preference.