Spread the love
Position – Engineering Manager
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- To provide leadership, mentoring and technical direction to management personnel engaged in engineering and simulation activities related to gas turbine product and processes.
JOB RELATED STATISTICS:
- Personnel: Less than 20 management engineers
- Reporting to this position are various levels of engineers, technologists, and support personnel.
- Primary accountabilities of this position include, but not limited to, the day-to-day management of resources to projects, maintaining an environment in which the organization under the incumbent leadership can accomplish work effectively and efficiently. In this position, the incumbent will have simulation (structural, computational fluid dynamics, combustion, performance, etc.) for gas turbine components, products, or sub-process focus.
- The incumbent needs to coach and facilitate the development of the workgroup to develop collaborative relationships among themselves, with customers, suppliers, other cross-functional groups, and internal customers to ensure goals are achieved. The incumbent needs a breadth of simulation knowledge and experience including products, processes, design procedures for a gas turbine. This role requires a focus on the simulation process, review of simulation results, and employee development. Key responsibilities include creating and maintaining an organizational climate/culture which encourages innovation, collaboration, excitement/commitment, and a sense of urgency toward business success; involving and integrating key stakeholders to ensure project success; communicating business strategy, goals, and direction; and continuous development of individuals and the organization.
- To make decisions, this position will work with the immediate workgroup or project team, division/business unit, suppliers, internal and external customers, and the market, typically impacting a single product, process, or factory. Decisions may affect warrantees, sales, customer perception, and, through technology and core competency, impact the product.
- Though organizations will vary, the incumbent will interact with people from diverse technical and cultural backgrounds. Project scope will vary from a moderate technical focus on a component, product, or sub-product, and will require the incumbent to broaden business understanding. Position requires people skills for coaching and leading people. This role requires that the incumbent increases understanding of product technology and process and the customers’ business and needs.
- Requires a Master’s degree in an accredited Engineering, Mechanical Engineering plus 10-13 years of relevant previous experience or a doctorate degree in Engineering plus 8-10 years of relevant previous experience. Skills in simulation of product, product and process design, development or research of products, components or systems, and customer relations are needed. Excellent human relations and communications skills are necessary.
Spread the love